Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Someone HELP!

Posted by on Oct. 8, 2013 at 2:33 AM
  • 29 Replies
I'm really stressing about this, I'm 12 weeks pregnant and have only taken vitamins twice. Has anyone went a whole pregnancy without taking them and had a healthy baby? I want to start taking them again but they make me dizzy and feel terrible. :/
by on Oct. 8, 2013 at 2:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cheetah90210
by Silver Member on Oct. 8, 2013 at 2:39 AM
1 mom liked this
I throw mines up everytime I take them so I stopped once the nausea goes away I will take them with my son I did the same because I was sick the vitamin is for you not really baby the babies are like parasites they are going to feed off us regardless
AmberNoelle729
by on Oct. 8, 2013 at 2:41 AM
So I don't really have to take them if I'm not comfortable with the way they make me feel? I just want what's best for the baby. It's my first child so I'm still confused on a lot of things.
cheetah90210
by Silver Member on Oct. 8, 2013 at 2:56 AM
It's best to take them because baby takes away alot of our nutrients with blood flow growing baby uterus and placenta that's alot of work on our bodies or if you have low iron and ultimately if your healthy your body will be healthy for baby but if your having complications in your pregnancy like with iron and such I'd take my pill everyday if its making you sick talk to your obgyn about switching it but there are also food you can eat to help nourish you like your vitamin would , me personally I wouldn't go an entire pregnancy but my vitamins in first trimester make my sickness worst and I can't keep water down so I really can't but I wouldn't go my entire pregnancy

Quoting AmberNoelle729:

So I don't really have to take them if I'm not comfortable with the way they make me feel? I just want what's best for the baby. It's my first child so I'm still confused on a lot of things.

ElsaH
by Member on Oct. 8, 2013 at 3:44 AM
i threw up the pills so my doctor recommended prenatal gummies or taking the pills before bedtime. i used gummies until like 14.5 weeks and the nausea stopped for the most part so i started taking the pills when i lay down for bed. its usually the iron that makes you feel sick. gummies dont have iron, and if you take the pills (which are better for you because they have more nutrients) before bed, you will most likely sleep while they get into your system, eliminating sickness. great system. taking them while you are up is usually a bad idea.
MommyLuvsAK
by on Oct. 8, 2013 at 3:48 AM
I didnt know gummies didn't have iron...I have to reevaluate my choice

Quoting ElsaH:

i threw up the pills so my doctor recommended prenatal gummies or taking the pills before bedtime. i used gummies until like 14.5 weeks and the nausea stopped for the most part so i started taking the pills when i lay down for bed. its usually the iron that makes you feel sick. gummies dont have iron, and if you take the pills (which are better for you because they have more nutrients) before bed, you will most likely sleep while they get into your system, eliminating sickness. great system. taking them while you are up is usually a bad idea.
ElsaH
by Member on Oct. 8, 2013 at 3:54 AM
yeah, they dont have iron because they are appealing to children. i was told by my ob that they dont contain iron and that they typically have less nutrients but that they are 'better than nothing if i cant keep pills down'. they also started me on anti nausea pills and when those didnt settle well switched to an anti nausea dissolvable. he said to switch back to pills asap and take them at bedtime to keep myself from getting sick again (after my terrible morning sickness subsided). he said that gummies should be a last resort to be getting at least some nutrients but that pills are much better and provide more for you and baby.

Quoting MommyLuvsAK:

Quoting ElsaH:

NanaMomo
by Member on Oct. 8, 2013 at 3:59 AM
You can wait till your not so nauseated but please try.

My mil didn't take them and like pp said the baby will take from you, so since she didn't have enough calcium her teeth fell out.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommyLuvsAK
by on Oct. 8, 2013 at 4:32 AM
Thanks so mych for posting this

Quoting ElsaH:

yeah, they dont have iron because they are appealing to children. i was told by my ob that they dont contain iron and that they typically have less nutrients but that they are 'better than nothing if i cant keep pills down'. they also started me on anti nausea pills and when those didnt settle well switched to an anti nausea dissolvable. he said to switch back to pills asap and take them at bedtime to keep myself from getting sick again (after my terrible morning sickness subsided). he said that gummies should be a last resort to be getting at least some nutrients but that pills are much better and provide more for you and baby.

Quoting MommyLuvsAK:

Quoting ElsaH:

Pandapanda
by Cafe Panda on Oct. 8, 2013 at 5:06 AM
1 mom liked this
You're going to be fine.
Solkerra
by on Oct. 8, 2013 at 6:16 AM
1 mom liked this

I only took mine so far a little bit during the 1st Trimester, stopped during my 2nd. And have only recently started up on my 3rd. The Doctor said it was alright, because as much as they do help, they aren't as needed during the 2nd trimester.

I do take the gummy ones. My doctor said as long as my Iron stays fine on them, they are fine for me. Since I can't swallow the regular pills. And so far, I haven't had any Iron problems. It's just remembering to take them! The gummies, your supposed to take 2 a day, I USUALLY get 2 a day, but sometimes i only remember one. But at least I'm getting at least 1, right? Lol. 

But I've known ALOT of people who went their full pregnancy without vitamins and both them and their babies turned out fine. :) So don't let it worry or stress you out to terribly much.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN