Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Had my first Ultrasound today..I'm not sure what to think???

Posted by on Oct. 8, 2013 at 3:43 AM
  • 34 Replies

I went for my first ultrasound today and the tech kept asking me if I was having any pain or bleeding,..I told him no about 4 times..Anyway,accorinding to my last period,which was on the 24th August I should be just over 6 weeks but I'm measuring at about 4 weeks with only a sac..He said this was normal and to come back in a month :-O That sure as hell aint going to happen..He aslo said I probably ovulated later and this is why..I guess what I am asking for is some similar experiences..

by on Oct. 8, 2013 at 3:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MommyLuvsAK
by Member on Oct. 8, 2013 at 3:49 AM
2 moms liked this
Im not sure but heres a bump hun and good luck
krystyneh
by Bronze Member on Oct. 8, 2013 at 3:58 AM
1 mom liked this
With my daughter who is now 5 1/2 years old by LMP I should have been 9 weeks but first ultrasound measured 7 weeks 4 days and with my son who is now 18 days old by LMP I should have been 6 weeks 5 days but first ultrasound measured 5 weeks 3 days.
Pandapanda
by Cafe Panda on Oct. 8, 2013 at 5:01 AM
1 mom liked this
I had this exact scenario happen with my second. She's 22mo old!
ohwhynot85
by Member on Oct. 8, 2013 at 6:32 AM
3 moms liked this

What are you asking? And why wouldn't you go back in a month. When you say you're 6 weeks, you're really only actually 4 weeks pregnant. Your body prepares for the pregnancy and that takes 2 weeks, so when you say 6, baby is only 4 weeks which of course you would only see a sac. Too early for a fetal pole to be seen. 

elmoslittlesist
by Member on Oct. 8, 2013 at 6:47 AM

I am asking if anyone else has been in this similar situation..And the reason I won't go back in a month is because I am NOT waiting that long..With my history,I'll go back sooner..I am well aware of how the body works as far as being pregnant..Thankyou for your advice!

kelliamber006
by Member on Oct. 8, 2013 at 7:07 AM
Bump
harymarshman
by Member on Oct. 8, 2013 at 7:24 AM
Same thing happened with both of mine. I ovulate later in my cycle than most.
Clemency3
by on Oct. 8, 2013 at 7:40 AM

I know it is ok to measure a few weeks ahead or behind and still be on time with your due date. I am 36 wks and am now measuring 2 wks ahead instead of 1 like it had always been. So you can be 6 wks and measuring only 4...that is normal. good luck!

CafeMom Tickers
mileysmom331
by Member on Oct. 8, 2013 at 7:43 AM
I wish I was only measuring a few weeks ahead lol I'm 36 weeks too at last weeks appointment I was measuring 40 weeks lol baby is measuring 37 weeks lol

Quoting Clemency3:

I know it is ok to measure a few weeks ahead or behind and still be on time with your due date. I am 36 wks and am now measuring 2 wks ahead instead of 1 like it had always been. So you can be 6 wks and measuring only 4...that is normal. good luck!

cheetah90210
by Mrs.jones on Oct. 8, 2013 at 7:44 AM
1 mom liked this
The dr measures us by gestational period which would add the additional weeks not by fetal period which is what your referring too

Quoting ohwhynot85:

What are you asking? And why wouldn't you go back in a month. When you say you're 6 weeks, you're really only actually 4 weeks pregnant. Your body prepares for the pregnancy and that takes 2 weeks, so when you say 6, baby is only 4 weeks which of course you would only see a sac. Too early for a fetal pole to be seen. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured