Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New Mommy!

Posted by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 12:23 AM
  • 41 Replies

Hey Ladies,

I made an account here because I need other mommies out there to visit with! My hubby and I are 6.5 weeks pregnant! We are beyond excited!! So far my experience has been a rough one. I was super sick for about a week straight (never puked). Constant 18 hours of nauseous linger that makes doing anything besides laying in bed nearly impossible! I went to the doctor a little over a week ago and got Zofran, which is a huge help...most of the time. I just feel so icky... it makes this whole thing really hard to be excited about. I feel horrid. I did have a few days where I felt back to my old self other than being exhausted, but woke up today feeling how I felt a week ago... awful! Sipping on 7up as we speak! Ugh Well I am scared and I just want to know if any of you ladies can give me some calming advice! My husband is a coal miner and has a crazy schedule. I live in a small town and don't know anyone... I just need people to talk too! Help me out ladies! xxooxxoo

Shelby

by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 12:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
caligirl7613
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 12:47 AM
1 mom liked this
congrats. i am on baby 3. hopefully your morning sickness gets better. usually around 12 weeks or so... try and keep crckers near your bed and in my own personal experience ginger ale works better than sprite.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Devious103102
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 12:50 AM
1 mom liked this

Welcome to the group and congrats! I know it's rough but hopefully in a few weeks things will start to subside and you'll feel great again =0)

crzemom
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 12:50 AM
Yay congratulations!
ShelbyWalton
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 1:08 AM

Thank you all! I have gone through a box of saltines already and a bag of pretzels!! I felt so good yesterday and all I wanted was hashbrowns with ketchup and salt!! Oh and a plate of bacon! Haha... So my hubby took me into town and I had Perkins! Along with an entire night of indigestion and heartburn! Probably wasn't the best idea, but I hadn't eaten in days and I was craving that all day long so i thought it was well deserved! :-)  I heard that morning sickness gets worse by week 6-7... I am praying this isn't true? I will take this feeling over actually puking anyday... I hate getting sick.

NatyRod
by Gold Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 1:24 AM
1 mom liked this
Welcome and congrats. It's all part of the process my friend. Everything is by phases and soon enough the nausea will subside. Mine started at 6wks and started to get better by wk 16 or so.. The best of luck to u... Happy and healthy 9 months. :)
bellaa90
by Bronze Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 10:21 AM

Hey congrats! I know how you feel. When I was 6 weeks pregnant til about 10 weeks I was super nauseous(neversick) but just felt horribly sick. I stayed in bed all day could brely do anything cause i felt so ran down. Phenergan & zofran didn't do a thing! It made me feel worse. I just ate whatever I could and wanted at the time and suffered unfortnately :( I hope you get some relief soon. For me about 9-10 weeks it started getting better and then by week 14ish it was pretty much gone.

lauren.m
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 10:32 AM
Hi congrats I'm 11.5 weeks. If you don't mind me asking where are you from?
marissabrookee
by Silver Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 10:35 AM

Thats how I was in the beginning, I never threw up but I was nauseas 24/7. I'm now 31 weeks pregnant and obviously the sickness subsided but now I'm dealing with back pain, heartburn, indigestion, sleepless nights, peeing every half hour lol welcome to pregnancy!

MybabyKisses
by Bronze Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 10:35 AM
1 mom liked this

congratulations! Hope you start feeling better soon!

fallenangel8508
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 10:38 AM
1 mom liked this

Congrats! I'm on baby #3. Just about 6 weeks. :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)