Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pubic pressure... Early delivery?

Posted by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 1:17 AM
  • 14 Replies
Hi ladies,
I am currently 31w2d and for the last wk or so I feel a lot of pubic pressure... Specially when I walk or stand dor a long period of time or change sleeping positions. My guess is the baby has dropped, or he's bigger, or is engaged.. Or all of the above.
I guess my question is: have any of u ladies felt this pubic pressure early in early 30 wks and have gone full term, or does this pressure mean baby is already in position and ready to come soon ?(God I hope not).
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 1:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Luvmy2babies22
by Gold Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 1:45 AM
I didn't have any pressure before I delivered my 2nd. She came 3.5w early. I was induced with my son so he never dropped.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Okie-chick
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 1:46 AM
Did you call your doc to make an appointment?
AMCMSM
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 1:50 AM
I am 33 weeks and 2 days and have had this for a couple of weeks. Soooo uncomfortable and I did not have it with my first. My doc says it it pretty normal to happen since this is not my first.
NatyRod
by Gold Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 10:13 AM
The pain is not unbearable, so I'm waiting till my appt next Wednesday to ask her about it. Thx
Quoting Okie-chick:

Did you call your doc to make an appointment?

NatyRod
by Gold Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 10:14 AM
That's good to know... I'm a first time mom though :/

Quoting AMCMSM:

I am 33 weeks and 2 days and have had this for a couple of weeks. Soooo uncomfortable and I did not have it with my first. My doc says it it pretty normal to happen since this is not my first.

posh417
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 10:15 AM

I had pressure with my 2nd. She had dropped around 32 weeks and just kinda stayed low. It was definitely uncomfortable, but she was born 3 days before her due date.

NatyRod
by Gold Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 10:24 AM
2 moms liked this
That's great to know.. Makes me feel better. Thx :)
Quoting posh417:

I had pressure with my 2nd. She had dropped around 32 weeks and just kinda stayed low. It was definitely uncomfortable, but she was born 3 days before her due date.

i
kmqw229
by Ruby Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 9:34 PM
1 mom liked this
Hang in there!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ParanormalSarah
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 9:36 PM
2 moms liked this

The last 12 weeks (30 on) I was in a TON of pain from this pressure - I gained 70lbs in my belly alone and the baby just dropped right in there. It doesn't mean the baby is coming as they can turn as late as the day of (a good reminder to those worried about breach) but sleeping with the pillow between your legs, propping the legs up and gentle stretching helps...

Good luck!

Pandapanda
by Amber on Oct. 9, 2013 at 10:11 PM
It doesn't mean baby is coming early. :)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)