Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Insomnia During Pregnancy

Posted by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 4:33 AM
  • 11 Replies
It's 4:32 am and i cannot sleep worth crap! I am so tired but I can't seem to get comfortable or anything :( maybe it's because I'm excited about my first ultrasound tomorrow who knows! I'm just hoping sleep comes soon so I won't be wrecked tomorrow.
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 4:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
WVmom06
by Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 7:55 AM

I was the same way during my first trimester.  It passed and now that I'm in my third trimester I'm sleepy all the time!  Hope your insomnia passes soon and you're able to get some sleep.

mila20
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 8:17 AM
I so feel ur pain but I'm sleeping lil better and I'm almost in 2 trimester good luck :)
mommy2casidee
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 10:11 AM
I'm 33 weeks with twins and I can't remember the last time I slept more than 2 hours at a time. I'm so tired it sucks. I hope it changes for you soon.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Larsbug
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 10:19 AM

I don't sleep well at all even not pregnant, I use to take tylenol pm (which is safe) 2 or 3 times a week just to get a good night sleep. Talk to your doc about it, unisom is also safe to take.

2ndchances123
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 11:45 AM

Im 35 weeks, and i have spent countless hours laying in bed staring at the wall... because i can not sleep no matter what i do. really all u can do is take a hot bath, drink a cup of milk. But it all comes with the gift of pregnancy lol. good luck doll.. some times warm tea works wonders! :)

Nee86
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 11:57 AM
I haven't been able to sleep this whole pregnancy. I have no idea why. I'm 32 weeks now and I told my midwife I couldn't wait to have this baby so I could sleep again.
Hopeful_2_be
by Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 12:17 PM
I'm just entering my third trimester and i'm lucky if i get 4-5 hrs of sleep a night! Not only can i just not sleep but dh snores some nights. Last night i almost killed him! Lol
CelticMamabc
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 9:58 PM
Have you tried melatonin? I took melatonin plus I drank sleepy time tea and it helped me sleep a bit better.
JessiFaye
by Silver Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 10:02 PM
I slept like crap during my first trimester. It's better the second trimester, but I don't sleep as long as I would like. :\
NatyRod
by Gold Member on Oct. 10, 2013 at 12:45 AM
I'm 31w3d and between trips to the bathroom and finding a comfortable sleeping position the most I bank is about 2 hrs average of sleep in a row. :/
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)