Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

am i pregnant or just late?

Posted by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 9:10 AM
  • 16 Replies
So here it goes,
I've got the mirena on and I believe I got my period either at the very end of august or very beginning of september. For the past two weeks I've been getting cramps and VERY bad pelvic pain, the week before I had sore breasts and now I've been getting just really bad headaches and strong pelvic pain. I'll get cramps but they won't last that long maybe like ten minutes. I don't wanna waste money on a pregnancy test. I'm confused. Should I schedule a blood tests?
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 9:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
virgochild79
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 9:16 AM
1 mom liked this

Sounds like your body is just trying to get used to the new hormones in your body. By the way, a pregnancy test is only $1 and no one on the internet can tell you if you're pregnant or not lol, that's up to you as a big girl to handle your business and go to the dr. and see whats going on with your body. Good luck.

mrs.noska11
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 9:19 AM
1 mom liked this
Omgsh I know lol but I've had my mirena for seven months now and my period has been regular every month. Everything should be okay with the mirena by now. At least that's what they told me. Could it be that I'm too scared to buy a pregnancy test lol I'm just trying to see if there are any moms out there who went through this like myself or whatever lol thanks for your input though :-)

Quoting virgochild79:

Sounds like your body is just trying to get used to the new hormones in your body. By the way, a pregnancy test is only $1 and no one on the internet can tell you if you're pregnant or not lol, that's up to you as a big girl to handle your business and go to the dr. and see whats going on with your body. Good luck.

Amberlee0801
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 9:23 AM
1 mom liked this
I'd get it checked out, sometimes the mirena can penetrate the uterine wall. You might also want to be checked for pid with all that pelvic pain
mrs.noska11
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 10:06 AM
Pelvic imflammatory diseas?

Quoting Amberlee0801:

I'd get it checked out, sometimes the mirena can penetrate the uterine wall. You might also want to be checked for pid with all that pelvic pain

Larsbug
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 10:08 AM
1 mom liked this

test or call your doc, doesn't sound like Mirena is good for you.

mrs.noska11
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 10:13 AM
I think ill call my doctor. =/

Quoting Larsbug:

Larsbug
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 10:14 AM

I've heard such horror stories about the Mirena that when my doc asked I said NO WAY! Good luck, I hope you get it all figured out.

Quoting mrs.noska11:

I think ill call my doctor. =/

Quoting Larsbug:

virgochild79
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 10:31 AM

Well, it is BC and you know BC isn't 100% but hell, 99.9 is very close lol. I'm sure it's just your BC making your body all weird even if it's been 7 months. Just swallow the pill and take the test because if you are pregnant and have the Mirena in, you definitely need to go see your doc because that isn't good.

I was suposed to get the Mirena in yesterday, I'm 8 weeks post partum and after reading and hearing so many horror stories about it, I canceled the appointment. Go to the Dr! Good luck!!!

Quoting mrs.noska11:

Omgsh I know lol but I've had my mirena for seven months now and my period has been regular every month. Everything should be okay with the mirena by now. At least that's what they told me. Could it be that I'm too scared to buy a pregnancy test lol I'm just trying to see if there are any moms out there who went through this like myself or whatever lol thanks for your input though :-)

Quoting virgochild79:

mrs.noska11
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 10:35 AM
Your right! *smacks head* I don't even know how to go about it when I call my gyno lol

Quoting virgochild79:

Well, it is BC and you know BC isn't 100% but hell, 99.9 is very close lol. I'm sure it's just your BC making your body all weird even if it's been 7 months. Just swallow the pill and take the test because if you are pregnant and have the Mirena in, you definitely need to go see your doc because that isn't good.

I was suposed to get the Mirena in yesterday, I'm 8 weeks post partum and after reading and hearing so many horror stories about it, I canceled the appointment. Go to the Dr! Good luck!!!

Quoting mrs.noska11:

Quoting virgochild79:

virgochild79
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 10:39 AM

Oh that's easy! Just tell them you need to come in asap and tell them exactly what you told us :) You can NEVER tell them something they've never heard before lol

Quoting mrs.noska11:

Your right! *smacks head* I don't even know how to go about it when I call my gyno lol

Quoting virgochild79:

Quoting mrs.noska11:

Quoting virgochild79:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)