Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

ways to help induce

Posted by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 9:21 AM
  • 6 Replies
Hey everyone! So I am 38 weeks today and have been dilated to a 3 since friday.. (6days) I have still continued to work waiting tablesand I have also walked daily... nothing seems to be putting me into labor... I have ccontractions but not consistent. ... I have had a glass of wine with a warm bath, spicy foods, pineapple I feel like ive tried everything! ! I have pressure and she has dropped but what else... I know sex but we do not live together and its kind of hard at this moment.. I refuse to do the castor oil thing... help please any other ideas??
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 9:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
mileysmom331
by Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 9:23 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm in the same boat I'm 36 weeks lost my plug and have horrible pains I've tried just about everything I know hot baths. Sex. Nothing is helping I don't guess lol
Karopie_99
by Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 9:24 AM
1 mom liked this
There's things to try. But in all honesty nothing is going to help unless baby ready. (And I'm due in 12 days so I feel your pain)
a1status
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 9:25 AM
Ugh!! Im so ready and knowing she is in the perfect position and im dilated is driving me nuts!! Plus im feelin sick again... so ready!!!
mileysmom331
by Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 9:27 AM
I know that feeling my ds is so low I get sharp pains down there that stop me in my tracks I didn't have this with dd they induced me a week early due to my Bp so if I was to start on my own id be blind lol

Quoting a1status:

Ugh!! Im so ready and knowing she is in the perfect position and im dilated is driving me nuts!! Plus im feelin sick again... so ready!!!

Raeann11
by Platinum Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 10:54 AM

Everyone hates to hear this. But really nothing will work unless your body is ready. Find ways to relax and pass the time. Dilation at this point and time means nothing. I hate that they check and get so many saying I am this and why is nothing happening. Just puts stress/frustration that is not needed.

My third I had everything under the sun for 5-8 weeks(diheara for 8 weeks, contractions for 5 weeks, losing my mucus plug for 5 weeks and so on). So I understand the end is hard. But before you know it baby will be here.

Read a book, date nights, hanging out with friends, massage, pedicure and/or manicure, go for walks(great help in bring baby down and helps during labor), yoga/birthing ball - do figure 8's, front and back, circles, side to side movements - great for positioning baby and helps with hip pressure, watch movies, baths and what you think will help you relax and pass the time.

jdixon12
by Member on Oct. 15, 2013 at 2:36 AM

I can definitely relate ladies, I am 38+5days and feeling some of the same pains as well,mucus plug slowly falling out and mild contractions but babygirl just isn't ready yet so I have just been taking it one day at a time,not to mention I am having a serious case of insomnia too. 9days til edd

Good luck ladies !

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured