Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

let the fun begin.

Posted by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 11:48 AM
  • 10 Replies
In preparation for our new baby we decided we should get our 2year old potty trained. So let the fun begin. Lol so far it's not going so good. Lol and we need more purple panties because she doesn't want any other panties. So anyone else trying to potty train a toddler before baby gets here? Any tips or advice?
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 11:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kelliamber006
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 11:51 AM

my son is 3 (i have been potty training him since 2 1/2) peeing has been great, pooping not so much. just a couple days ago he had decided that he wants to go poop on thepotty all the time. YAY baby is due in 2 1/2 months and my almost 4 year old is FINALLY poop potty trained! lol i tired everything with him to get him to go on the potty, nothing worked until HE wanted to do it! :)

iamnameless
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 12:49 PM
My son was about 4 before he was totally potty trained. He still had poop accidents until he wad 6. But he had some issues pooping.

Quoting kelliamber006:

my son is 3 (i have been potty training him since 2 1/2) peeing has been great, pooping not so much. just a couple days ago he had decided that he wants to go poop on thepotty all the time. YAY baby is due in 2 1/2 months and my almost 4 year old is FINALLY poop potty trained! lol i tired everything with him to get him to go on the potty, nothing worked until HE wanted to do it! :)

mem82
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 12:53 PM

Good luck! I tried with my 2 year old at the time and well, it didn't work. LOL

krusesbaby
by Silver Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 1:39 PM

my dd was pottytriained by 20months. she did it on her own though. i didnt ask her to start. once she wanted to go on the potty i put her on every hour until she did it on her own. she will be 4 on halloween and just started going all night without an accident though, i think nights take longer.

my ds is 19mo and i will be trying to train him but i dont think he's ready. i dont want to force it and make it harder than needed. when they want to it could take a couple days, if they arent ready and fight it the whole way you could be looking at months.

iamnameless
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 1:41 PM
She peed a little on the potty just a minute ago but she is acting like peeing hurts. :-( I looked and she is really red. I think it's from her diapers because they don't keep her very dry at night.

Quoting mem82:

mem82
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 1:43 PM

My daughter's both had issues with citric acid and that would happen. If she drinks orange juice or eats pineapple maybe cut that out and see if it improves.

Quoting iamnameless:

She peed a little on the potty just a minute ago but she is acting like peeing hurts. :-( I looked and she is really red. I think it's from her diapers because they don't keep her very dry at night.

Quoting mem82:

iamnameless
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 1:49 PM
She doesn't get much oj. She got about half a cup of it yesterday from my mom. However she has had a lot of Apple juice. Do you think the Apple juice could cause it? The Apple juice is diluted with half water.

Quoting mem82:

My daughter's both had issues with citric acid and that would happen. If she drinks orange juice or eats pineapple maybe cut that out and see if it improves.

Quoting iamnameless:

Quoting mem82:

mem82
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 1:51 PM

Maybe.

Is she touching herself? Sometimes, girls can irrate themselves if they are running around diaperless or if she is sitting up there on the potty poking around.

Quoting iamnameless:

She doesn't get much oj. She got about half a cup of it yesterday from my mom. However she has had a lot of Apple juice. Do you think the Apple juice could cause it? The Apple juice is diluted with half water.

Quoting mem82:

Quoting iamnameless:

Quoting mem82:

Clemency3
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 2:41 PM

Best thing I did was let her go around the house without anything on. Obviously left a shirt on but that was it and some socks. Left the portable toilet in the living room so she could just sit on it when she wanted to. rewards work. So if she pees then she gets a sticker or a small treat or something and then poops..same thing. Don't force it or get frustrated with her. Be happy for her and make it a huge deal if all she does is just sit on the potty and nothing else. the more positive you are the more comfortable she will feel and so forth. good luck!

CafeMom Tickers
Devious103102
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 2:48 PM

I started working on potty training my now 18 month old around Aug, but it was more just getting her used to the potty and it went pretty good, but she had been showing interest in it for quite some time. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)