Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anyone plan on using cloth wipes?

Posted by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 12:23 PM
  • 7 Replies

Or perhaps you have in the past?

What is the best way to go about this? 

I've heard of dunking, spraying, soaking, etc.  Or do you store them dry and use a spray bottle?

I'd like to keep them soaked in some kind of container if that works and doesn't dry them out.

What has worked best for you?

by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 12:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
MaddieReid
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 12:27 PM

Have used them in my first pregnancy - didn't like them.

I soaked them and put them in a container - they dried out. And when the baby pooped a lot, which mine did, they were pretty much useless because you weren't able to wash them quickly enough.

But I'd go for it, try it out. 

Raeann11
by Platinum Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 12:29 PM

I just spray when I need one. I had them folded up and put in a container and then pulled out what I need and sprayed it down.

bebcarroll
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 12:41 PM

I tried keeping them in a box, already wet,but after a while they started smelling musty.  I tried spraying but felt like I was spraying for ever to get the wipe wet enough.  Finally went with storing them dry and wetting them at the sink right before I changed the baby.

kelliamber006
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 12:54 PM

i will be using cloth diapers and wipes yes :) i also did with my ds almost 4 years ago

PrimalMom
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 2:35 PM

I have converted to cloth diapers but not cloth wipes. If I do attempt wipes I think I'll store them dry and wet them under the faucet when I need them. On the road and in public I will reuse a disposable wipe container and keep them wet inside there with a wet bag for the dirties. I don't plan to put alcohol or anything else in them, I don't think, so I wouldn't want to store them wet at home all the time. I imagine they would get moldy since it is just wet cloth.

xredstarsx
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 2:37 PM
I have about 100 baby wash clothes that I use. I just spray them when I need them. Water and a few drops of baby shampoo.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
amy_dawn
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 2:39 PM
I am currently using cloth, most of the time, with my youngest and will also with the new baby. I prefer the flannel wipes, and I either spray baby's bum and then wipe, or wet them in the sink right before using them.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)