Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Acne... HELP please...

Posted by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 4:10 PM
  • 7 Replies

I am about 14 weeks pregnant and the acne is so bad :/ I always have had my skin clear up and look great during pregnancy so this puzzles me. I've been healthier this pregnancy than all the other ones as well so now I'm super confused! I've tried the cleanser that worked before and no luck, I've tried some neutrogena all in one cleanser for past present future breakouts with no luck, even some topical acne treatment like burts bees roll on stuff which dries it out but I'm left with scabs.

I would love to hear some skin care routines that work for you to lessen the acne. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 4:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
KikiB85
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 4:58 PM
I have no help...but im in the same boat! I cant believe how bad my acne is right now.
freckledmermaid
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 5:01 PM

Ugh lol so much for the pregnancy glow.... I have to find something. I'm thinking about the yes to cucumbers brand but kind of pricey :/ I do have one moisturizer I like but as far as treatments go I just got the no no list for pregnancy, no benzoyl peroxide, no salicylic acid..... There goes half the face washes/treatments!

Luvmy2babies22
by Gold Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 5:26 PM

I'm breaking out badly too but mostly on my collar bone area/shoulders and back (sexy, I know).  I can't remember what I did for my last pg.  I was all paranoid about the salycilic acid in some off-the-shelf facial cleaners but my doc assured me that I would have to eat it in order to do any damage.  I continued using whatever I had at the time but, darn it, can't remember what it was.  I feel your pain.  I wish I had something useful 

19greeneyesmoma
by Angel on Oct. 9, 2013 at 5:31 PM

Im in the same situation. I have the normal everyday breakouts before pregnancy on my face but since I found out I was pregnant I have broke out everywhere. I hate it. My acne actually cleared up with my first child and I was glamourus the whole 9 months. lol. Im hoping it clears up and all goes away after the baby is born and never comes back. Wishful thinking. :)

CafeMom Tickers
freckledmermaid
by on Oct. 10, 2013 at 11:20 AM

I'm trying a new approach, we will see how well it works, drink more water(of course), I use the clean and clear oil free cleanser( the minty one) with a brush scrub thing but gently, toner(for sensitive skin), and moisturizer(aveeno daily because it doesn't burn). I also got a couple of charcoal masks and a clay mask for pampering purposes so here goes!

whitel14
by on Oct. 10, 2013 at 12:00 PM
1 mom liked this

My acne was worse at the beginning of my pregnancy, but dramatically improved by 20 weeks. I still have some breakouts, but not nearly as bad as in the beginning!

mem82
by on Oct. 10, 2013 at 1:20 PM

Tell us how it works out for you!

Quoting freckledmermaid:

I'm trying a new approach, we will see how well it works, drink more water(of course), I use the clean and clear oil free cleanser( the minty one) with a brush scrub thing but gently, toner(for sensitive skin), and moisturizer(aveeno daily because it doesn't burn). I also got a couple of charcoal masks and a clay mask for pampering purposes so here goes!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)