Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Progesterone Question

Posted by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 5:22 PM
  • 7 Replies

When I had my first hcg draws my levels weren't where the doc wanted them so they put me on Prog supplements until 12w.  The first month cost me $100 out of pocket.  At my 1st OB appt, I asked the doc (originally just spoke with the nurse) and she said I could stop the prog at 10w.  I refilled the RX around 8w but only did a 1/2 a RX only to find out that my new insurance plan only charged me a $10 co-pay so that was a welcomed relief.  Anyway, I have 3 more supp. left and will finish them at 10w6d.  The paranoid part of me thinks I should refill another 2 weeks and go until 12w BUT the other part of me is SOOOO sick of those damn things and I just want to take the doc's advice and stop them after these last few are gone.

For those familiar with prog. supp., do I need to go the full 12w or can I do as my doc said and stop them in a few days?

by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 5:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Luvmy2babies22
by Gold Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 6:05 PM
Bump, anyone?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommyLuvsAK
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 6:09 PM
Heres a bump...I have no idea
Luvmy2babies22
by Gold Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 11:13 PM
Bump. Anyone ever on progesterone?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Larsbug
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 11:16 PM

I was told to go to 14 weeks and there was no way I was chancing it... but if your doc thinks your safe then you probably are. I'm not sure how low your's was, my doc wanted me on them until she was sure my hormones would take over because I was at a 4.

Luvmy2babies22
by Gold Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 11:19 PM
They were 17.2 at 14dpo and then 15.1 at 16dpo. They wanted them at 20.

Quoting Larsbug:

I was told to go to 14 weeks and there was no way I was chancing it... but if your doc thinks your safe then you probably are. I'm not sure how low your's was, my doc wanted me on them until she was sure my hormones would take over because I was at a 4.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
whitel14
by on Oct. 10, 2013 at 1:21 PM

I was put on the progesterone supplements from 6 weeks until 12 weeks. My levels were at a 9 or 10 at 6 weeks, and I took them up until 12 weeks. I wouldn't chance stopping them early!

miapia1020
by on Oct. 10, 2013 at 3:39 PM
My doctor told me once you get past 9 Weeks the placenta takes over the progesterone production. I'm guessing that's what your doctor thinks too?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)