Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

coming home outfits

Posted by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 6:14 PM
  • 16 Replies
This is for moms who know the sex of their baby or have had more than one child.

Have you ever brought a boy and a girl coming home outfit just in case?

I only had one u/s and they say it is a boy. I was thinking of bringing a girl outfit just in case they are wrong.
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 6:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kaylaybaby666
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 6:19 PM
Anybody at all
iamnameless
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 6:23 PM
I I always pack 2- coming home outfits but not a.boy and girl one. I pack a newborn size and a 0-3 months. Just in case one doesn't fit. I am always glad I do.
MommyLuvsAK
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 6:25 PM
I just bought gender neutral but for my daughter I left the hospital before her so I was able to buy her an outfit. But the homecoming outfit is best in premie...only if they are up to 7 lbs
kaylaybaby666
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 6:27 PM
I packed a nb and 0-3 but i only had one u/s. Those can be wrong sometimes yeah?

Quoting iamnameless:

I I always pack 2- coming home outfits but not a.boy and girl one. I pack a newborn size and a 0-3 months. Just in case one doesn't fit. I am always glad I do.

iamnameless
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 6:31 PM
I figure if they are wrong I will send my sister to get an outfit.She knows my taste well enough.

Quoting kaylaybaby666:

I packed a nb and 0-3 but i only had one u/s. Those can be wrong sometimes yeah?

Quoting iamnameless:

iamnameless
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 6:37 PM
When I had my first my sister told me that all babies wear premies and they would fit my son better. So I packed a premie outfit and a newborn outfit. He was 8 lbs 2 ozs, 21 inches long. He had to wear the newborn. My girls were both about 9 1/2lbs. One wore a 0-3 the other newborn.

Quoting MommyLuvsAK:

I just bought gender neutral but for my daughter I left the hospital before her so I was able to buy her an outfit. But the homecoming outfit is best in premie...only if they are up to 7 lbs

princess_peach
by Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 6:38 PM

Yes U/S can be wrong. They were wrong with my sister's first baby. She had all girl stuff and then had a boy. We just went an bought her some girl outfits and brought one to the hospital before it was time for her to go home. I figured if they were wrong with mine, I'd send someone to do the same thing. Mine were both right though.

nebcutie
by Bronze Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 6:41 PM
I plan on buying just one. If they mess up my dh will go get another one.
tammy_lynne
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 8:33 PM
1 mom liked this

If you are worried, maybe a gender neutral outfit? 

If she ends up being a he... He will come home in a purple outfit lol. 

Clemency3
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 8:56 PM

you can do that if you feel that is what you want. But you also have plenty of time from the time baby is born to have someone go get one for you of the true gender. up to you. 

CafeMom Tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)