Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Birth Story and Pics (EXTREMELY VIVID, LONG, GRAPHIC, WARNING)

Posted by on Oct. 10, 2013 at 9:36 PM
  • 51 Replies
5 moms liked this

Azariah Elijah Broggin

baby giftOur Homebirth Story!!!stork

ITS A BOY!!!!!

Azariah was born 4o wks gestation at 6:12pm weighing 10lbs 2oz and 22inches long! With a 14 inch head and chest!

They got me in the tub just in time to deliver THANK GOD!

Hubby was so supportive!! He kept telling me its almost over. And then once Azariah came out and wasn't breathing he kept talking to me calming me down!

Malachi checking in on me. He said he almost cried but didn't because he knew it was ok!

Us enjoying Azariah and Daddy cutting the cord!

He was such a proud Daddy!

Showing Laylah the baby! She wasn't at all impressed, not sure if she was dead set on a girl and was disappointed or what. But she said the baby is supposed to be in Mommy's tummy. Like she didn't really think he would ever come out!! 24 hrs she has warmed up to him and loves on him!

Xavier after getting a peak at Azariah. He is crazy about him!!

Malachi so excited!

Mommy nursing

Holding little bumblebee for the first time (as Xavier calls him)

Malachi's turn

This is a cute story. Malachi got this bear the night before Azariah arrived. He was crazy over it even slept with it. When my friend started taking the photos of Azariah just hours old Malachi came in and asked my friend if she could take pictures of the bear with the baby. Then he told Azariah he wanted him to have the bear because it was just his size!

When the midwife did the feet print it was so precious what showed up!! Do you see whats in Azariah's foot print??

5am- got up to go pee (thankfully turning on the light) and when I wiped I had blood. Enough it alarmed me! Enough I would expect to be in labor, but am not YET!! After noticing small movement from my little one, and picking up a heartbeat on my doppler of 141, I called my midwife to voice my concern. She believes baby has moved down helping to efface my cervix and possibly dilate me further. But she has told me to watch the bleeding carefully, and to lay down and do a kick count! So after drinking some caffine and eating a bowel of oatmeal I am gonna see if I can get 10 movements out of this little one! Please be praying that this is a fast onset of labor and not a complication due to my playing kind rough with the kids last night! I will keep everyone posted!

Based on previous experiences this should be the beginning of my labor unless its a complication. I have never had this much blood and not either gone into labor within a matter of hours or been in active labor already!

6:55am- Got 10 movements in 58 min, and have had a few nice movements since I got up! Also have had a few good contractions with some pressure. Not regular however! Bleeding has lightened up to a light pink discharge with red/brown streaks of mucus here and there.

8am- contractions are coming 6 min apart. Not noticing a change in intensity, lenth, or frequency at this point. But hopefully this doesn't peter out. I am so ready to meet my little one! Contractions are more uncomfortable then past days. So I am hopeful :( I am gonna lay down and rest, see if I can catch a nap and wake up in active labor! I will keep everyone posted!

11am- Did get to rest but still having contractions. Not active yet! Slightly discouraged this will stop like past days!

12pm- Contractions are lasting a little longer, lot more pelvic pressure, not any closer together! Emailed midwife, right now I am hopeful, but still doubtful this is it! Have friends coming for dinner, my BFF who has been staying with me off and on and plans to attend the birth, and her family! Hopeing either their company will help take my mind off things so it progresses, or goes away.

2:30pm- Called Midwife and Doula

3:30pm- Rinsed with my hibiclens so I am covered for the next 6 hrs! Contractions are 2-3 min apart lasting 60 sec still not very painful, still not 100% sure this is it!

4:00ish- Midwife and Doula arrive, I am hanging out laughing it up and rocking through contractions. I was so stressed they were gonna be there for awhile I was no where close to delivering.

Chatting it up and listening to my Christian music :)

5:15pm- I had been on my hands and knees just to change positions since not much was happening. Contractions slowed down. Midwife suggested to go take a walk with Hubby.

Having a good contraction!

5:30pm- we came back in. Midwife had me lie on the bed so she could listen to the baby! I then decided I would lay and rest for awhile (hoping things would pick up more after a rest)I had a couple of contractions. Last relaxing moment I remember was my Doula and I singing to the Christian song playing on the radio. THEN......

5:55pm my water broke with intensity and I instantly went from a person who was laughing and singing through contractions to screaming out because the pressure was immediate. They got me into the tub and I began to push!Once I got the baby's head out my contractions stopped. He started struggling so I had to push and my midwife had to pull him out. Worst pain I have ever felt in my life.

6:12pmThe cord was wrapped tightly around his neck causing him to struggle breathing a little. Midwife did a second of mouth to mouth before giving him a couple breaths with the bag, But once they got him crying all was well. It was so fast I am still in complete shock! And its amazing how I went from having complete control and feeling like I was in early labor to instantly losing all control and push baby out!

My little man tonight at 4 days old trying to smile! He as of tonight weighs 9 lbs 5 oz.

Midwife Notes

She noted labor start to finish was an hour. 1st stage lasting 25 min, 2nd stage 17 min, 3rd stage 18 min. Membranes ruptured at 5:53 spontaneous, clear, avg amount Presentation flexed Vertex Her notes read: After a day of bloody show & mild ctx, pattern became more regular @1:30 in the afternoon. Ctx slowly became more intense. Uppon SROM clear fluid, intensity increased dramatically & progressed quickly to birth of large, slightly stunned infant who recovered well.

by on Oct. 10, 2013 at 9:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cheetah90210
by Mrs.jones on Oct. 10, 2013 at 9:40 PM
1 mom liked this
Congrats hes so cute
sugarcrisp
by Silver Member on Oct. 10, 2013 at 9:41 PM
1 mom liked this

Cute!

Congrats!

Heather101413
by Member on Oct. 10, 2013 at 9:42 PM
1 mom liked this

Congrats on the beautiful baby boy :)

Babes2626
by Bronze Member on Oct. 10, 2013 at 9:54 PM
1 mom liked this

Congrats he's a cutie!

ToriBabe1221
by Bronze Member on Oct. 10, 2013 at 9:56 PM
1 mom liked this
Congrats!! :)
muisjes
by Member on Oct. 10, 2013 at 10:08 PM
1 mom liked this
Congrats
iamnameless
by Silver Member on Oct. 10, 2013 at 10:08 PM
1 mom liked this
So sweet.
luvmyaustin
by Bronze Member on Oct. 10, 2013 at 10:38 PM

he is so handsome i loved the story congratulations to your family!

MacMamaof5
by on Oct. 10, 2013 at 10:49 PM

He is Darling!  Congratulations!  Sounds like a perfect homebirth besides the scary part with baby's breathing.

Mrs.Andrews
by Mandy on Oct. 10, 2013 at 10:51 PM
1 mom liked this

Lol, large slightly stunned infant. That part is awesome. I'm so glad you got your water birth! What an awesome crazy birth story. The heart on his foot is really cool! And I love the picture  of him with the bear. So sweet. Congrats!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured