Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

im done advice please

Posted by on Oct. 11, 2013 at 12:01 AM
  • 14 Replies
2 moms liked this
I'm so tired of working... I have sciatica... Causing me to fall down... I'm 37 weeks pregnant and have a very physically demanding job... I have a Drs appt tomorrow and I want them to pull me from work... Im scared I'm going to get hurt... My manager doesn't want me working or my house nurse... But part of me wants to work til I have my baby... I'll get more time with her.... If they come up with a way to make it so I don't keep falling when my leg gives out... I will go as long as possible... but im going to try to go into labor saturday... Sorry just needed to vent... I just want to hold my baby girl in my arms already!

Any tips on how to start labor?!
by on Oct. 11, 2013 at 12:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LauraBelle9812
by Member on Oct. 11, 2013 at 12:05 AM
Bump
LauraBelle9812
by Member on Oct. 11, 2013 at 1:04 AM
Bump
mommy2casidee
by Bronze Member on Oct. 11, 2013 at 3:08 AM
1 mom liked this
You can't start labor it's impossible. You can try all the tricks but if baby isn't ready and your body isn't ready than all those things aren't going to do a damn thing!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
iamcafemom83
by Silver Member on Oct. 11, 2013 at 6:24 AM
They wouldn't do that for me when I was working. doctor refused to write a note because they couldn't excuse me for being tired. I had a job where i was on my feet for 8-9 hours a day. Unless there is really something wrong. I was sooo mad haha bit I stuck it out til about 40 weeks. Of course, my daughter, being my first didn't come til 41 weeks 2 days. Ugh.

Is there a way to ask for a desk job at your work?
I know 37 weeks is considered full term, but you wanna keep baby in there til he or she is ready!
LauraBelle9812
by Member on Oct. 11, 2013 at 7:29 AM
My leg buckling and having me fall to me is a reason... i work 10 hr days physically taking care of physically abd mentally disabled adults 12 of them... Where I have to feed... Change... Bathe and dress them... I hurt myself everytime I work...
NicklPicklesMom
by on Oct. 11, 2013 at 7:42 AM
1 mom liked this

I work in an ICU, which is physically demanding.  Most of the patients are total care, so I pull them up out of bed, turn them, help them get on and off bedpans, hourly vital signs, and I'm on my feet for 12 hours a day, 3 days a week. Despite the fact that this is my second pregnancy and the first one came early due to the demands of my job, they of course, didn't put me on bedrest until it put me into early labor. I was even on the progesterone injections to prevent it. I went on bedrest at 34 weeks this time. Last time, it was 32 weeks. I am hangin' out at 5 dilated and 70% effaced. 

I would explain to your physician the trouble your having. Unfortunately, we both work in the medical field and OBGYN's think we should be able to tough it out...and so do most of our co-workers. 

Momma-2boys
by on Oct. 11, 2013 at 10:35 AM

Take a some time off. Get rest and get prepared to bring baby home. You only have 3 more weeks dont rush it. Your doctor should release you from work. My doctor has always either reduced my hours or released me to early maternity leave.

Clemency3
by on Oct. 11, 2013 at 10:50 AM

awwww I am in the same boat in terms of feelings. I am 37 wks and have been stimulating my nipples, walking, doing yoga etc. And already have been developing some painful contractions here and there. I don't do sex because I just can't get in the mood but many rely on sex too. 

CafeMom Tickers
krusesbaby
by Silver Member on Oct. 11, 2013 at 11:04 AM
1 mom liked this

Do you see a chiropractor? I was like that with my first baby and had to stop work and be put on bedrest at 28 weeks. it sucked! with my second the sciatica started way sooner so i went to a chiropractor and it helped tremendusly! I even went like 2 days before i had him and i think it helped with the giving birth. I also see one with this baby and it really does help.

Sex is the only thing i can recomend for inducing labor. sex=sperm=soft and opening cervix. also,take a very long walk after. sex, walk, sex, walk, lol

CafeMom Tickers
Mittenmommie
by Bronze Member on Oct. 11, 2013 at 11:06 AM
1 mom liked this
My doc pulled me from work at 37 weeks with my first pregnancy because my legs were so sore and swollen I could barley walk.
I think your doc would be silly to not pull you, if you fall, you could hurt yourself and the baby.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)