Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

A funny birth story (if you need a light laugh) LONG VERSION

Posted by on Oct. 11, 2013 at 3:29 AM
  • 6 Replies
2 moms liked this

It wasn't funny to start, but as I look back- it was the most hilarious birth ever!

It was my second child, 3 1/2 years since DS1. I had  DS1 at 28 weeks- due to severe toxemia- so it was all kind of new to me. At 32 weeks, I went into labor with DS2- I didn't know I was in labor because I didn't go into labor with DS1-(I was already admitted in L/D for my high BP and my placenta abrupted- emergency c/s)

So, DH was at work and I was waiting on him to come home- he finally arrived and we just kind of tried to wait it out. The pain was getting stronger so we called my OB- she was like come in to the office. Now, I had been in the bed the whole time tossing/turning- so I looked like wild woman- DH decided he was going to help and try to brush my hair into a ponytail because I couldn't raise my arms- OH WOW! I looked in the mirror, just in passing to get to the front of the house and I just stopped and laughed and cried- it was the most ridiculous looking ponytail ever- I needed that laugh- he had to laugh too! so I wound up putting a scarf and hat on (it was the middle of JULY in the south!)

To make a very long story short- I was dilated and in labor- OB said I needed to get to the hospital quick. ( I am prevented from contracting or going into labor because I has a classical c/s, which is a vertical cut on my uterus and that can cause it to open- since its up/down and not across) so that was a FRI- they were able to slow the contr down  and give me steroids, etc. My OB had to go out of town- so I had the Dr. on call- which was a really good Dr. Sunday comes and it starts up again, the Dr, comes in all excited and is like we are about to have a baby!  and I'm like- No we are not it's not time and he's like- yes, it is you are on your way to surgery. Now, I was thinking they were going to send me home for the next few weeks.

I'm a big baby when it comes to needles- this was my first spinal block (I was put to sleep w/ DS1) so the anetheisiologist tried to give me the spinal and every time he touched my back I turned into jello and he couldn't do it. He ran his pen up my back and I almost fainted. My body just wouldn't cooperate so he got so upset and left out. The nurse had to wheel me back up to my room because he left! That was morning- Dr. comes back in late that afternoon and is like we have to deliver that baby- so they wheel me down again!

I tried so hard to cooperate- they made me lean on this mean nurse and I was in tears because she was so rude! So I asked her if my husband could PLEASE come in there and if I could hold on to him and at first she was like No- he can't come in unti you are numb so then the anesthesiologist was like- No, let him in I don't care- if that is what it is going to take to get this done let him in. So DH came in and I layed on his chest and he just kept whispering- everything will be fine- you can do it, etc... So it got done and the anesth was relieved, but before he started I had to use the restroom so bad! I didn't have a cath. The nurse was like just go and I'm like- I am not about to pee on floor in this surgery room and she was like honey you are about to have this baby and can't go to the restroom just let it out- So I literally peed myself in the surgery room! 

All-in-all, everything else went fine. DS2 was a healthy 4lb 9oz baby- he stayed in NICU for only a week due to a little jaundice, but overall he was healthy. Now he is an intelligent, loquacious, creative 6yo.

DH and I often bring this birth up- especially when we need a laugh and now since I am having another- he's like- Please don't get sent back to the room or if I get real tired and we have to go somewhere, he'll be like- I'll comb DD hair and I'm like NOOOOO! 

Thank you all for reading my birth experience-(even though it was LONG- sorry ; )

by on Oct. 11, 2013 at 3:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
iamcafemom83
by Silver Member on Oct. 11, 2013 at 6:18 AM
Wow adventures in L&D, right? ?
Mrs.Andrews
by Mandy on Oct. 11, 2013 at 6:32 PM

Oh dear. What an experience you had! I can't believe they didn't give you a bed pan or just cath you. I hope you have a better time of it this time around.

ilovemykids732
by on Oct. 12, 2013 at 6:15 PM

They told me to pee on the bed when I was in labor for DS because they wheeled the part that I was about to give birth on away... I refused to and demanded a bedpan... and I made DH wipe me because I couldnt feel my vag anyways... LOL

kmqw229
by Ruby Member on Oct. 13, 2013 at 10:21 AM
Lol!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
krusesbaby
by Silver Member on Oct. 13, 2013 at 10:52 AM

wow! i just keep picturing that pony tail and then the anasthesiast putting his pen on ur back to see if youd freak and you do. lol! sorry but that was very funny.

not funny was that baby was only 32 weeks. glad he was ok and only in nicu for a week.

JadeSapphire
by on Oct. 13, 2013 at 2:06 PM

For some reason every time I went into labor DH wanted to run and take a shower LOL

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN