Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

39 weeks and counting

Posted by on Oct. 11, 2013 at 11:14 AM
  • 6 Replies

I'm a planner.  I always have been.  DH and I planned this pregnancy.  I got off birth control and after 2 months we stopped preventing.  After 10+ years on birth control, I expected it to take a little work to get pregnant but boom, I'm pregnant the next month.  Fast forward to the present.  I am 39 weeks and 1 day pregnant.  I have no signs of the start of labor.  I'm such a planner.  I want to know when I'm having this baby so I can have everything ready.  I hate the thought of having to have everything ready and just waiting.  I want to know I am going to start labor on this day and she is going to come on this day.  I want to know when I'll be able to go home.  I want to know what size clothes she is going to need. 

Is this natural?  It's causing so much anxiety.  I have stopped having sex with my DH for fear it will start labor before it's time.  I lay awake at night just listening to my body for signs of labor.  Am I crazy?

by on Oct. 11, 2013 at 11:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
krusesbaby
by Bronze Member on Oct. 11, 2013 at 11:37 AM

Your starting nesting it sounds like lol. with my first i took a premee outfit, newborn and 0-3mo outfit all packed. ended up needing the preemee lol. with my son i just packed a nb outfit and it fit thank goodness. You can plan what to take and expect about a 24hr stay in hodpital unless there are complications. If you're 39 weeks you are OK to go into labor. no amount of prevention (not having sex) or trying to bring on labor(having sex, walking etc...) is really going to help stop or go labor. baby will come when she is redy lol. I couldnt sleep from 36weeks on with my ds because my dd came at 36weeks and i was so sure he was going to be early. he came at 39. i will probably lay awake at 36weeks with this one too. its very normal. get netflix and start a series to watch lol. i watched buffy, desperate housewives, rasing hope, a baby story, etc... lol  is this your first? it could be 42 weeks before baby comes!

CafeMom Tickers
Pandapanda
by Cafe Panda on Oct. 11, 2013 at 3:54 PM
I agree, it sounds like nesting.
Momma-2boys
by on Oct. 11, 2013 at 5:02 PM
Have sex! And relax your nesting has kicked into high gear it will come soon.
Mrs.Andrews
by Mandy on Oct. 11, 2013 at 7:02 PM

I don't think you are crazy, but over anxious yes. This is a great time in life to learn to let go of the plan everything mentality. Birthing and parenting are not things you can plan. Life just happens. You can have a routine and everything, but trying to plan beyond that and control things so that they are perfect will make you crazy. I know I have messed up some otherwise great experiences by trying to control things instead of just enjoying the experience. 

Sex won't make labor start unless your body is ready. Sex is great for preparing the body for labor though. So enjoy! You won't get to have sex for a while after baby is born. Laying awake watching for signs of labor is going to make you crazy too. Labor will start when it's time whether you are focusing or not. Heck, I had so much prodromal labor with my last baby, I got to the point where I just had to ignore the contractions so I could get through. Relax, let what's about to happen, happen. It will all work out. Pack your bags, and enjoy feeling your baby move inside of you while you still can.

jerricalynn
by on Oct. 11, 2013 at 9:01 PM

WALK!!!

norahsmommy
by Silver Member on Oct. 11, 2013 at 10:04 PM
You are almost there! 4 babies and I had a freak out the day I went into labor with all of them. I bet you will be in labor within a few days. Walk, have sex, take a bath and relax. ;)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)