Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

9 weeks pregnant and already showing?

Posted by on Oct. 11, 2013 at 1:35 PM
  • 19 Replies

Im 9 weeks 2 days pregnant and i look like im at least 3 months. this is my second child. could this mean twins? with my first baby, i dont remember showing this early. im very petite though, at 5ft0in and 110 lbs. is it just bloating? or am i really showing? i thought you couldnt show until at least 12 weeks.

by on Oct. 11, 2013 at 1:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JessiFaye
by Silver Member on Oct. 11, 2013 at 1:36 PM

It's probably just bloat. I wouldn't automatically assume twins! You do tend to show earlier with your subsequent pregnancies, but even at 9 weeks, I would assume a lot of it is bloat. :) 

mrsallen3912
by on Oct. 11, 2013 at 1:36 PM

Since it is your second baby, you may show a little earlier, I have heard of women showing much faster with subsequent babies :) 

jayangel82
by Bronze Member on Oct. 11, 2013 at 1:43 PM

I showerd early too.. i am very small framed though! with this being your second and being small its possible! Mine was mainly bloat.. well i thought.. but the bloat never went away, it turned into baby bump! lol! I had a bump by 12 weeks!

nocalmegan
by Bronze Member on Oct. 11, 2013 at 1:44 PM
I showed early with my second. It's prob a mix between that and bloat
junebutterfly
by on Oct. 11, 2013 at 1:47 PM
Pic?
lilbit53009
by on Oct. 11, 2013 at 2:08 PM

they say you show faster after your first...or it's bloating

i'm only 4 weeks and i have a little bump...but i'm chalking it up to bloating becuase the thought of multiples scare me lol

i'm little like you too (5'1" 105lbs)

tammy_lynne
by on Oct. 11, 2013 at 2:36 PM

I had horrible bloat in the beginning. I was told that it's normal with your second. 

I'm small as well, and it actually made it uncomfortable to wear my jeans. 

Luvmy2babies22
by Gold Member on Oct. 11, 2013 at 2:51 PM

it's bloating BUT your muscles also relax earlier with each pregnancy because your body just knows what to do.  I'm on #3 (not petite) and this is my 9w photo (I'm 10w5d now).  It's not baby "showing" just relaxed muscles and rounding

marissabrookee
by Silver Member on Oct. 11, 2013 at 3:47 PM
it's probably bloat, I looked 3 months at 9 weeks this time around too (2nd child for me as well)
lesalmi
by Bronze Member on Oct. 11, 2013 at 3:49 PM
I started showing around then with this one as well. Baby number two both my best friend and I showed WAY sooner
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)