Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

I'm 16 week Pregnant and I've lost 8 pounds my pregnancy is this normal?

Posted by on Oct. 11, 2013 at 3:57 PM
  • 19 Replies
I'm 16 weeks along on Monday this is my first pregnancy. I'm having a baby boy. My last doctor appointment I found out I've lost a total of about 8 to 10 pounds during this pregnancy. I've had horrible morning sickness but I have been eating when I can. Making sure I get all the nutrients and everything I need for a healthy pregnancy. For everyone wondering I wasn't over weight when I got pregnant so it's not because of that. I know that could or would play apart if that were the case. My doctor doesn't seem to be concerned at all. So I ask is this normal and has any other moms or expectant moms gone through this?
by on Oct. 11, 2013 at 3:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
amy_dawn
by Member on Oct. 11, 2013 at 4:09 PM
For some women, it is absolutely normal. I always lose weight during my first trimester. In fact, I lost between 15 and 20 pounds in each of my first 3 pregnancies. During my last one, I only lost about 10. I'm looking forward to losing weight this pregnancy, LOL!

Oh, and I never actually vomit, and despite being nauseas I eat a lot. My body just kicks into overdrive making babies.
caligirl7613
by Bronze Member on Oct. 11, 2013 at 4:49 PM
it is normal for some ppl. i lost 10lbs between weeks 8 n 12. u can ask ur dr. for a anti neasua med. and also your dr will bring it to your attention if they get worried
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HisB0107
by Bronze Member on Oct. 11, 2013 at 4:58 PM

I wasn't "overweight" to begin with... and I lost 14 lbs the first trimester. It's completely normal. Baby will take what you've got. Whether there is enough for you left over or not. ((hugs)) 

mem82
by Ruby Member on Oct. 11, 2013 at 5:00 PM

It can be. I lost 25 in the first 20 weeks with my first. The doctor was like, "I don't care if the only thing you eat is mashed potatoes, eat!"

tammy_lynne
by on Oct. 11, 2013 at 6:01 PM

I lost 10lbs by 12 weeks. I got yelled at a little, but I was already low-normal weight before being pregnant. But as long as the baby is growing fine, it's not that big of a deal. 

AustinRonMommy
by Member on Oct. 11, 2013 at 6:04 PM
I'm 29wks now and I've only gained 1 1/2lbs through this whole pregnancy. And my baby is fine.
Mrs.Andrews
by Mandy on Oct. 11, 2013 at 6:14 PM

It is normal to lose weight in the beginning. Especially with bad morning sickness. Feel better soon!

savannahwoltjen
by Member on Oct. 11, 2013 at 7:56 PM
Thanks so much guys I won't worry as much!
LauraBelle9812
by Member on Oct. 11, 2013 at 8:28 PM
I was... A little overweight but the first 13 weeks I lost 16lbs
shelbyskinner
by Member on Oct. 11, 2013 at 9:24 PM
Some women gain at first some lose at first I lost a little over 32 pounds in my first and early second trimester. I'm now gaining a steady amount. Hormones and morning sickness play a huge part in it.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)