Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

26 weeks 6 days and hospitalized:(

Posted by on Oct. 11, 2013 at 9:32 PM
  • 21 Replies
I've been in the hospital since Wednesday and I'm already tired of it. I'm here due to high risk (twins and history of miscarriages) and also because one of my sons, yes I'm having identical boys. Is having signs of placenta previa (meaning his blood is leaving his body and returning to the placenta). Apparently I will be here until at least late November. I'm bored and could use new people to text and chat with. Anyone need a new friend ?
by on Oct. 11, 2013 at 9:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tikirose91
by Member on Oct. 11, 2013 at 10:30 PM

Well I hope you feel better, that's a long time to be cooped in a hospital. Hospitals drive me crazy, I hate their liquid diets they feed you lol. Hope your boys are okay :D

Amiehart62
by Member on Oct. 11, 2013 at 10:33 PM

GL. I was in the hospital on bed rest because my water broke at 23 weeks. we made it 28 days. Be good to your nurses! they are more important then your doctors:)

and you may even make friends with them! I know i did. They liked me so much I got special meals. You can make it fun. if you have kindle or something along those lines you could read! or make your boys blankets for when theyre born.

sugarcrisp
by Silver Member on Oct. 11, 2013 at 11:06 PM
3 moms liked this

That's not placenta previa.

LINK

Your baby's blood is SUPPOSED to leave his body, do to the placenta, then return.

LINK

jenbah81
by Bronze Member on Oct. 11, 2013 at 11:22 PM
Yes the nirses became my "best friends" when my water broke at 31wks. I was trying to hold off til at least 34wks but she came 11days later. It was hard but I had to keep reminding myself it was going to be for the baby. Hardest part was leaving my other 3 at home and relying on other people. One thing I found out about the food bc I became frie ds with the girl that usially brought my food was they always made chicken fingers and gravy even if it wasn't on the menu and they were awesome. So don't hesitate to ask for something else if the menu doesn't look good. Oh and they also put together the best fruit plates!

Good luck and hang in there! It's for those precious babies! :o)
mama232011
by Bronze Member on Oct. 11, 2013 at 11:25 PM
Placenta privia is when the placenta covers the cirvix...
meam4444
by Emerald Member on Oct. 11, 2013 at 11:26 PM

Hi!  Welcome to the group!   Cafemom is a great place to meet mamas and chit chat!

shelbyskinner
by Member on Oct. 14, 2013 at 6:19 PM
I'm alright and so far so good with the boys. Yes placenta previa Is technically where the placenta either completely or partially covers the cervix. But that is what I was told is causing the reversal in blood flow in Jace.
meam4444
by Emerald Member on Oct. 14, 2013 at 8:08 PM

How have you been doing today??

iamnameless
by Silver Member on Oct. 14, 2013 at 8:21 PM
Hang in there. Each day you keep them in baking they get stronger. Good luck :-)
shelbyskinner
by Member on Oct. 14, 2013 at 9:34 PM
I was doing good today then contractions started. Lol they stopped them and now I'm sleepy.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured