Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

ADVICE NEEDED!!

Posted by on Oct. 12, 2013 at 12:14 PM
  • 13 Replies

H i ladies,

Here is my situation: I got pregant with my daughter who is now 7 and it was a total surprise. Me and her father had not been seeing each other very long a few months he had just gotten out of college and had no job when I found out. It was a bad situation when I had to tell my family everybody was mad at me. my dad who I am so close to wouldnt speak to me for months when he did speak he yelled at me :(   . He came around after my daughter was born and we are fine now. But me and my sister have an odd relationship I dont know really understand her  and its hard to explain. 

So I just found out I am pregant the situation is totally different!! Its a great thing! I am married now me and my husband have been together 5 years and we have been TTC for over a year and finally got lucky!! So why am I so nervous to tell my family? I just know my sister will not be nice about it. I just want happy reactions not the reactions I had the first time. If they arent happy thats fine too. DH and I are happy enough for everybody  but I am trying to keep my feelings in check and I dont want to get crushed. Any advice on how to tell any fun ideas??

by on Oct. 12, 2013 at 12:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mrsjohnson2014
by Bronze Member on Oct. 12, 2013 at 12:27 PM

sorry I don't know I just handed my mom the test and said congrats grandma LOL this is her first grandchild. Everyone else I just called and told. My dad told me that it was a good thing he liked my boyfriend now fiance 

krusesbaby
by Bronze Member on Oct. 12, 2013 at 12:35 PM

You can make an anouncement card and send it to everyone. that way if there is any negativity you arent there to see it and they will keep themselves in check when they do see you. Just say we are excitedly expecting a new addition on (date)! I did that for this baby because i didnt want to deal with any negativity-always seem to get some i guess when you have a third and already have a boy and girl, people dont understand why you would want anymore -.-

ajohnson08099
by Bronze Member on Oct. 12, 2013 at 12:38 PM
Make a cute announcement. do they know you were trying?
abanks2013
by Member on Oct. 12, 2013 at 12:59 PM

No ma'am all my friends did.. I tried talking to my sister about it but she didnt seem intrested so I just stopped. And she has 3 kids so theres lots of kids running around 

Quoting ajohnson08099:

ajohnson08099
by Bronze Member on Oct. 12, 2013 at 1:39 PM
Gotcha. my family was by far less than thrilled when I got pregnant with my son. but oh well... Id make an announcement elluding to how you've wanted another for a long time. and don't worry about the rest. my family literally called me a dumbass when I told them... lots of tears. just know if they don't act excited you are! Um sure they won't be upset

Quoting abanks2013:

No ma'am all my friends did.. I tried talking to my sister about it but she didnt seem intrested so I just stopped. And she has 3 kids so theres lots of kids running around 

Quoting ajohnson08099:

Devious103102
by Platinum Member on Oct. 12, 2013 at 2:32 PM

You're a grown married woman, just tell them.

Larsbug
by Laura on Oct. 12, 2013 at 8:57 PM

I was married for a year when I found out I was pregnant with my first child, I was SO scared to tell everyone and have them freak out on me... much to my surprise they didn't. If you're happy then that's all that matters mama.

Babes2626
by Bronze Member on Oct. 12, 2013 at 9:11 PM

Your grown it shouldn't matter what they think! If your looking for a cute way to announce go to Pinterest they have fun ways and ideas, pics..... :)

ladyambition
by Gold Member on Oct. 13, 2013 at 1:04 AM

I hope you get nothing but happy and loving reactions this time :) Good luck

Mrs.Andrews
by Mandy on Oct. 13, 2013 at 3:51 AM

Congrats! I don't have any ideas, just do what feels right. Tell the people in your life who you know will be the most excited for you first. I bet your dad will be happy for you and excited, especially since he knows how great being a grandpa is now. Good luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured