Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Just have the baby normal.

Posted by on Oct. 15, 2013 at 9:14 AM
  • 20 Replies
This morning I was talking to hubby about how I don't want to have baby at our local hospital. I want to go to the birthing center 30 minutes away. I was telling him that they encourage women to move around and find a comfortable position not just laying on your back. Also that they offer birthing tubs. He looks at me and tells just have the baby normally and fast. Well humm when did I get to decided how long it would take? And um hello I want to have baby normally that's why I want to go the birth center.
by on Oct. 15, 2013 at 9:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mrsallen3912
by on Oct. 15, 2013 at 9:27 AM

Sometimes men just dont understand! :) 

misstaylor85
by Bronze Member on Oct. 15, 2013 at 9:29 AM
1 mom liked this

LOL My husband refused to "allow" me to even consider using a birthing center, had I not been positive for group B strep he would have had a rude awakening........Men really should shut up sometimes and be supportive. Maybe I should start teaching a class about what not to say to your pregnant wife/so....

mrsallen3912
by on Oct. 15, 2013 at 9:31 AM

I would sign my DH up for your class in a heartbeat. 

His latest argument was "why are you always spazzing out".

Swear to Jesus I about punched him in the face right then and there! lol

Quoting misstaylor85:

LOL My husband refused to "allow" me to even consider using a birthing center, had I not been positive for group B strep he would have had a rude awakening........Men really should shut up sometimes and be supportive. Maybe I should start teaching a class about what not to say to your pregnant wife/so....

misstaylor85
by Bronze Member on Oct. 15, 2013 at 9:36 AM

hahaha I had many of those moments with him this last pregnancy.... My favorite was "Why are you eating soo much I don't want a fat wife" He got hit with my ice cream that time. Then of course I cried because I ruined my ice cream :/ I always find it amusing when they incite rage with their stupid comments and then can't figure out for the life of them why we are pissed.

Quoting mrsallen3912:

Quoting misstaylor85:

mrsallen3912
by on Oct. 15, 2013 at 9:43 AM

Omg a fat wife! I would have thrown ice cream too lol

Yeah, my husband sadly does not know how pregnant women behave. Hell I dont even know how Im going to behave from day to day. :) 

Quoting misstaylor85:

hahaha I had many of those moments with him this last pregnancy.... My favorite was "Why are you eating soo much I don't want a fat wife" He got hit with my ice cream that time. Then of course I cried because I ruined my ice cream :/ I always find it amusing when they incite rage with their stupid comments and then can't figure out for the life of them why we are pissed.

Quoting mrsallen3912:

Quoting misstaylor85:

amy_dawn
by Member on Oct. 15, 2013 at 9:53 AM
To the original post: Show him some of the information about movement during labor, being off your back, etc., to show him evidence for why that is normal, and why that increases your chances of having a labor that doesn't last so long that the doctors insist on a c-section. It sounds like he is just lacking in birth information. He probably doesn't know any better than to think that what is done in most hospitals is the 'normal' thing to do. Also, you can look at your local hospital's c-section rate and use that as fuel too.
krusesbaby
by Silver Member on Oct. 15, 2013 at 10:02 AM

um ya, if he wants to have the baby NORMALLY he'd want the birthing center lol. As long as there are no complications they should accept you to go there. If its the first baby it could take like 3 days lol, mine did!

krusesbaby
by Silver Member on Oct. 15, 2013 at 10:05 AM
1 mom liked this

Also, tell him the chance of him gettin yelled at and hit will go down tremendusly with the birthing center since you can move through your pain and not be monitored and laying down. You could also see if one of the midwives have hospital rights, you may get the best of both worlds.

OR wait as long as you can at home before going into the hospital.

lillucky8
by on Oct. 15, 2013 at 10:29 AM
Sometimes they just dont get it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kmqw229
by Ruby Member on Oct. 15, 2013 at 11:03 AM
Seriously!

Quoting mrsallen3912:

Sometimes men just dont understand! :) 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)