Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Just have the baby normal.

Posted by   + Show Post
This morning I was talking to hubby about how I don't want to have baby at our local hospital. I want to go to the birthing center 30 minutes away. I was telling him that they encourage women to move around and find a comfortable position not just laying on your back. Also that they offer birthing tubs. He looks at me and tells just have the baby normally and fast. Well humm when did I get to decided how long it would take? And um hello I want to have baby normally that's why I want to go the birth center.
by on Oct. 15, 2013 at 9:14 AM
Replies (11-20):
iamnameless
by Silver Member on Oct. 15, 2013 at 11:45 AM
The birthday center is actually connected with a really good hospital that has another birthing area and has a level 3 nicu.

Quoting krusesbaby:

Also, tell him the chance of him gettin yelled at and hit will go down tremendusly with the birthing center since you can move through your pain and not be monitored and laying down. You could also see if one of the midwives have hospital rights, you may get the best of both worlds.

OR wait as long as you can at home before going into the hospital.

Devious103102
by Ruby Member on Oct. 15, 2013 at 11:52 AM

Oy!  Sometimes men just don't get it.  

wolfybaby
by Member on Oct. 15, 2013 at 1:35 PM

lol! men. 

my partner is extremely supportive of a birthing center or even a home birth. unfortunately we cant afford the center and a home birth wont be practical for us right now.

Lovin_mybaby5
by Silver Member on Oct. 15, 2013 at 2:18 PM

men dont get it sometimes...dh didnt understand why i wanted a vbac. lol men are silly

PinkButterfly66
by on Oct. 15, 2013 at 4:16 PM

When men can push a watermelon through their urethra, then they get to decide how, when and where we give birth.  Until then it is our choice and they have the option to be supportive or not but they cannot forbid. 

Mrs.Andrews
by Mandy on Oct. 15, 2013 at 5:45 PM

Lol, normal and fast don't usually go together in the same sentence when it comes to birth.

rwcw89
by Silver Member on Oct. 15, 2013 at 5:47 PM

my df is paranoid with that stuff but encourages all natural birthing, just with a doctor around (my friends tried doing unassisted birthing at home and ended up in the hospital anyway) . guys point of view is way off sometimes when it comes to this, i've joked saying i wanna stay home in my tub (and seriously will be in my bathtub for as long as i can hold out until the pain is too much / contractions are closer together) he looked at me like i have ten heads. =) 

Sondi7
by on Oct. 15, 2013 at 6:06 PM

Does he know something we don't know?! What's this "fast" birth he is speaking of and how do I go about ensuring I have one? 

On a serious note, can you two do some sort of compromise and do a midwife at the local hospital? That's what I'm doing. I can still move around, do a water birth if I want, and have the intermittent baby monitoring.

iamnameless
by Silver Member on Oct. 15, 2013 at 6:38 PM
Well my last 2 labors were short. Only 4-5 hours. Lol and he sleeps the whole time.
We only have one midwife that can deliver at our hospital and she is with 4 doctors and I just get whichever one is on call. That who I am with now.

Quoting Sondi7:

Does he know something we don't know?! What's this "fast" birth he is speaking of and how do I go about ensuring I have one? 

On a serious note, can you two do some sort of compromise and do a midwife at the local hospital? That's what I'm doing. I can still move around, do a water birth if I want, and have the intermittent baby monitoring.

sugarcrisp
by Silver Member on Oct. 15, 2013 at 8:20 PM

Don't hold it against him and get mad at him. Guys typically don't understand. DF has no clue as to why I've chosen a birth center and he doesn't care. All he's said is 'as long as it's safe and you're happy'. Works for me. Of course I wish he took that interest, but I'm not upset that he doesn't.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)