Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

She doesn't think she should have a baby shower! I disagree!

Posted by on Oct. 15, 2013 at 1:52 PM
  • 33 Replies
1 mom liked this

Okay, so  my BFF is separated from her husband, divorce papers have been signed.  She has moved in with her Significant Other and they are expecting a baby.  Her children are almost 9 and 5 and SO's children are 11 and 4.  I want to have a baby shower for her,  she thinks it's inappropriate, what do you think?

by on Oct. 15, 2013 at 1:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lauren.m
by Bronze Member on Oct. 15, 2013 at 1:59 PM
1 mom liked this
Its been a long time since she had a baby and this is their 1st baby together. I think a baby shower for her would be good :) if I had friends around here I would have a baby shower since my youngest 2 are 5 and this is dh first baby.
Hopeful_2_be
by Member on Oct. 15, 2013 at 1:59 PM
I guess i don't really know the whole situation behind that but i don't see why it would be inappropriate. It should be about celebrating the new life she's carrying, nothing else. :)
YzmaRocks
by Gold Member on Oct. 15, 2013 at 2:07 PM
2 moms liked this
The only opinion that matters is the mother's and the father's. I would honor her wishes, appropriate or not.
Vandyswife
by Bronze Member on Oct. 15, 2013 at 2:10 PM
1 mom liked this

I just recently found out I'm pregnant. This was an "oops" we got rid of EVERYTHING!!! literally. I am thinking about letting a friend throw one for me. my kids are 4&2 both girls. but we have NOTHING and a friend of mine WANTS to throw one! 

JessiFaye
by Silver Member on Oct. 15, 2013 at 2:12 PM
1 mom liked this

In that situation, I think it's appropriate. However, if she feels like she doesn't want one, then you shouldn't push her on it. It should be her decision!

VintageWife
by on Oct. 15, 2013 at 2:14 PM
It's appropriate.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
esox
by Bronze Member on Oct. 15, 2013 at 2:26 PM
I'm not a fan of showers for subsequent births. Its not a first child for either one of the parents and she doesn't want it. I wouldn't push it on her. Maybe ask how she would feel about you organizing a small meet & greet after the baby is born so everyone can meet him or her?
Larsbug
by Laura on Oct. 15, 2013 at 2:58 PM
1 mom liked this

I would do it!! having a party for a new baby is never inappropriate

jamamama00
by Bronze Member on Oct. 15, 2013 at 3:01 PM
I'm old fashioned, so I would say no.
mrs.hartman12
by on Oct. 15, 2013 at 3:33 PM
I would respect her wishes. I hate showers, dont want a shower and use the excuse of having two girls and my youngest is 16 months old as an excuse whenever anyone asks.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured