Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

had appointment today and now I am worried.

Posted by   + Show Post
I'm 11 weeks+2. I had an appointment this morning. My blood pressure was was 138/82. Isn't that kinda high? Is this going to turn into something worse? I know high blood pressure during pregnancy is really bad and now I am just really worried. Then they couldn't find the heart beat with the Doppler. The doctor said it's still kinda early but I thought they could hear it after 10weeks. He has me coming back in 2 weeks.
by on Oct. 15, 2013 at 6:00 PM
Replies (11-16):
sugarcrisp
by Silver Member on Oct. 15, 2013 at 8:43 PM

Ah okay then it could just be the doppler. Some seem to be more sensitive to others.

You should be able to find Hawthorn at any health foods store. If you can find it in a tea drink it twice daily. I couldn't find it in a tea but the midwife told me the tincture is just as fine.

Quoting iamnameless:

I have already had 2 ultrasounds I am sure I am 11 weeks. I will look into Hawthorne.

Quoting sugarcrisp:

140 is the end of high normal and stepping into too high.

Check into Hawthorn tincture. It's safe, all natural. I just started using it at the suggestion of my midwife and it's helping. Re-evaluate your diet, especially your sodium intake. And monitor your stress.

Also- you may not be as far along as you think. You may have ovulated late.

WillsMOM72
by Stephanie on Oct. 15, 2013 at 9:21 PM
When I was 14 weeks they couldn't hear the heartbeat on the Doppler. So I wouldn't worry about that.
TammyHelton
by on Oct. 16, 2013 at 12:02 AM
I was 10 weeks when my doctor found Abigail's heart beat with the Doppler and I was over weight before I found out I was pregnant. weight has nothing to do with weather a doctor can find the baby's heart beat or not. Sorry just had to say that. hope you don't worry to much it is not good for you or your baby good luck mamma!
CafeMom Tickers
BellaMama7
by Member on Oct. 16, 2013 at 1:20 PM

They should just do an ultrasound on you for the sake of finding out if the baby is doing alright.

Mittenmommie
by on Oct. 16, 2013 at 2:10 PM
My blood pressure is higher than that and they are just watching it at this point.
I'm surprised they didn't do an ultrasound to check on the baby. Did they do any blood work?
RhondaVeggie
by on Oct. 16, 2013 at 2:24 PM
Up your protein consumption, that will help lower your BP.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN