Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Any servers out there? Any complications or complaints because?

Posted by on Oct. 15, 2013 at 9:33 PM
  • 5 Replies

I'm about 22 weeks along and I'm a full time server at a full service restaurant.
   It involves a lot of lifting, a lot of time on my feet and a lot of long hours. 
My doctor has okay'd it, but doesn't like it. Anyone who works as a server knows that you stay late a lot and working slow shifts means no money.    Sometimes you have to work 12 hour shifts to make money. However, it's tiresome and sometimes painful, especially while pregnant. 

Any servers out there suffered work-related complications?
Been put on bedrest because of it?

I'm a little more worried this time with my second LO because I seem to be getting tired a lot more. I just don't want to hurt the baby, but it's not like I can quit my job.

by on Oct. 15, 2013 at 9:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
notabosley
by Member on Oct. 15, 2013 at 9:39 PM
You are in my thoughts, I was a server with dd3, sahm now. I was on bed rest by 27 weeks, because I had PIH. GL and take care of yourself. I didn't take care of myself well with her, I had a poor diet and didn't rest enough. Once I developed high bp I should have followed doctors orders.
samsanders
by Samantha on Oct. 16, 2013 at 4:31 AM
I am a cocktail waitress at a fast pace bar. I'm 22 weeks also! The past two weeks I have noticed my body has slowed way down! It's hard to keep up but my only means of income. It's actually good exercise for you though. It's keeping your muscles strong. But yes it is tiring. Just do what you can. No heavy lifting though!! My co-workers know I'm pregnant and do all of my heavy lifting. Sometimes you just have to ask. But serving it won't hurt baby. At all unless you have a hard hit to the abdomen.
WillsMOM72
by Silver Member on Oct. 16, 2013 at 8:08 AM
1 mom liked this
With my first child I worked in a plant working 12 hour shifts rotating while standing on my feet all day. It was hard but I stuck it out until a week before he was due then I just took my maternity leave. So I know how you feel. Maybe someone could start helping you lift heavy things and make sure you take your breaks to rest your feet.
LNLMommy
by Bronze Member on Oct. 16, 2013 at 10:13 AM

I worked as a shift manager in fast food with my first baby and a server/gas station attendant with my second baby..never got put on bedrest or had any complications. how old are you?

kmqw229
by Ruby Member on Oct. 16, 2013 at 9:20 PM
Hang in there!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured