Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

lol, do i have chicken pox or exima?

Posted by on Oct. 15, 2013 at 11:57 PM
  • 16 Replies

I have a spreading little rash on my wrist, now it appears on the other hand and wrist. I think it oozes liquid at times, and it aches in the morning. Does anyone have any idea what it might be? at first i thought it was exima, I never do drugs and dont live in a building of people that do them. and i have lived here since september,

by on Oct. 15, 2013 at 11:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mrs.Andrews
by Mandy on Oct. 16, 2013 at 1:02 AM

No idea. You should see a doctor if it is oozing and spreading.

ohwhynot85
by Member on Oct. 16, 2013 at 1:12 AM
1 mom liked this
I doubt it's eczema, but call your dr.
skitskidaddle
by on Oct. 16, 2013 at 1:15 AM

oh e-c-z-e-m-a, lol, thank you, lol

ohwhynot85
by Member on Oct. 16, 2013 at 1:26 AM
It's "lol" that I spelled it correctly?
skitskidaddle
by on Oct. 16, 2013 at 1:28 AM

no that I did not , i called it exema, hahahaha

wolfybaby
by Member on Oct. 16, 2013 at 1:30 AM

how long have you had it? chickenpox will begin as a rash then turn into very obvious blisters/pocks. eczema is a rash, it doesnt turn into pocks. 

do you know if you have had chickenpox as a child? if so, it could be shingles due to your compromised immune system [pregnancy] and other factors. if it is shingles, there is no harm to your baby. 

if you have not had chickenpox, and this is chickenpox, there is a small risk to the baby depending on where you are in your pregnancy. 

call your nurse-line and start doing some research online.

skitskidaddle
by on Oct. 16, 2013 at 1:49 AM

im in second trimester, and i have itched the hellout of it, it seems to spread and when i itch it, there is red dots, unlike eczema, i think, I have no idea if i ever had chicken pox honestly.

Quoting wolfybaby:

how long have you had it? chickenpox will begin as a rash then turn into very obvious blisters/pocks. eczema is a rash, it doesnt turn into pocks. 

do you know if you have had chickenpox as a child? if so, it could be shingles due to your compromised immune system [pregnancy] and other factors. if it is shingles, there is no harm to your baby. 

if you have not had chickenpox, and this is chickenpox, there is a small risk to the baby depending on where you are in your pregnancy. 

wolfybaby
by Member on Oct. 16, 2013 at 2:11 AM

call your doctor first thing in the morning and make an "emergency appointment" to determine what it is before it gets worse.

and contact your parents to figure out if youve ever had chickenpox. 

Quoting skitskidaddle:

im in second trimester, and i have itched the hellout of it, it seems to spread and when i itch it, there is red dots, unlike eczema, i think, I have no idea if i ever had chicken pox honestly.

Quoting wolfybaby:

Junebaby18
by Bronze Member on Oct. 16, 2013 at 2:12 AM
Chicken pox will start on the chest not wrists only. It sounds like you have contact dermatitis where something you have touched is making you break out.
New perfume, new watch, new hand soap, etc?
skitskidaddle
by on Oct. 16, 2013 at 2:16 AM

lol, okay, um thank you for the concern. I know some rashes are serious, but i dont know about this one. both my parents are resting in their graves, (or turning over bc of obamacare) lol, some things i take more seriously are loss of fluid and major cramping or lack of fetal movement, but a rash? hmm, i will call and find out, it does bother me so.

Quoting wolfybaby:

call your doctor first thing in the morning and make an "emergency appointment" to determine what it is before it gets worse.

and contact your parents to figure out if youve ever had chickenpox. 

Quoting skitskidaddle:

Quoting wolfybaby:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN