Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Mouth and foot disease

Posted by on Oct. 16, 2013 at 12:04 AM
  • 7 Replies

My two nieces of mouth and foot disease (ive never heard about it til today) but my 11 month niece was in my unborn daughters pack and play ( i was watching her for the weekend) now im scared my unborn will catch it shes due monday but could be here any day! Is there anything i can do so she doesnt catch it?? I also have a 6 yr old DD!!

by on Oct. 16, 2013 at 12:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
orliesmom
by Member on Oct. 16, 2013 at 12:13 AM

Not sure  about preventing it. When my 5 yo at  the time got it so did my 5 month old. Its highly contagious from my understanding.

jerricalynn
by on Oct. 16, 2013 at 12:14 AM

It is! so im really worried for both my daughters but really scared for my unborn!

Quoting orliesmom:

Not sure  about preventing it. When my 5 yo at  the time got it so did my 5 month old. Its highly contagious from my understanding.

orliesmom
by Member on Oct. 16, 2013 at 12:16 AM

Not sure the effect on the unborn I wouldnt worry about it tbh. It wasnt painful at all for either of my kids and lasted awhile. My DD was given a cream and my son was given some type of med I cant remember its been almost 2 years.

Quoting jerricalynn:

It is! so im really worried for both my daughters but really scared for my unborn!

Quoting orliesmom:

victoriaherring
by Silver Member on Oct. 16, 2013 at 12:29 AM
Just wash it or wipe it out really good, spray it with something that kills bacteria and then wipe it down with a wet rag to get rid of chemicals if you don't have any natural cleaners. My daughter had it and it wasn't a big issue. Kids get it from other kids and the mouth part is from when they have the bacteria on their hands and put it in their mouth.
jerricalynn
by on Oct. 16, 2013 at 12:44 AM

thank you ladies

Mrs.Andrews
by Mandy on Oct. 16, 2013 at 12:54 AM

Oh that sucks! My kids had it last year and were miserable. Wash what you can of the pack n play. Then wipe the rest down with bleach water. Disinfect any toys or other things that your nieces used. And keep your eyes on your daughter. You would notice symptoms like fussiness and fever before seeing a rash. With your daughter being 6, you may not ever see any visible symptoms of it even if she has it.

Junebaby18
by Bronze Member on Oct. 16, 2013 at 2:33 AM
You could also set it out in the sun and the sun will naturally kill anything that's on there.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)