chelsea clintonUnlike her parents, Chelsea Clinton has been relatively private for most of her adult life, but lately, she has absolutely no problem broadcasting the truth about her babymaking plans. Earlier this month, she admitted that she and husband Mark Mezvinsky plan on making 2014 "The Year of the Baby," and a couple days ago on The Rachael RayShow, she confessed just how much "pressure" she's under to get pregnant -- from her famous folks!

Chelsea admitted, with a laugh:

There is completely unapologetic pressure. In private and in public! If one of my parents were sitting here, they would tell you without blinking an eye that it would make them the happiest thing on earth if I were to make them grandparents, and they would say it so effusively, and I would feel a bit of pressure.

Aww! Oh, do I feel Chelsea's pain. What woman in her early 30s doesn't?! My own mother was half-jokingly haranguing me about getting pregnant well before I was even engaged, because I'm her eldest and she "wants to be a grandmother before she dies." A friend of mine who is 29, in a relationship, and isn't planning on getting married or trying to get pregnant anytime soon told me her mother is talking about how she ought to start thinking about freezing her eggs. What in the world ...?!

It's bad enough when you're planning your wedding, and everyone has an opinion. After you finally tie the knot, it's like going from the frying pan into the fire. Suddenly, everyone -- especially those nearest and dearest -- seems to not only want to know all the details about your reproductive plans, but potentially influence those plans. It's all sorts of crazy. Because even if you do want children, perhaps even soon-ish, that's most definitely something that has to happen on your own watch. Not to mention that not every couple has the easiest time conceiving ... and in that case, added pressure and stress from family and friends is anything but helpful.

Ultimately, the timing and specifics of pregnancy plans are completely individual and personal and up to the couple -- no one else! Sure, it's sweet that Hillary and Bill can't wait to have a new little potential politician in the family, and thankfully, it sounds like Chelsea and Mark are pretty much on the same page. But if they weren't, I wouldn't blame 'em for telling the former First couple to back off!

What do you think about Chelsea's confession? Did anyone pressure you to start having kids?

Image via Kyle Cassidy/Wikimedia