Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

possible labor???...

Posted by on Oct. 17, 2013 at 2:33 AM
  • 17 Replies

This isn't my first pregnancy but however I did not go into labor with my first he was an emergenc c section anyway im 34 weeks 2 days with my 2nd and my back is killing me plus i have been cramping so bad as well as my hips feel like there being ripped apart i get hit with pains so bad that i feel like im being punched in the stomach and can't move plus they make me feel like puking this started earlier today and is only getting worse i havent called my ob because she is out of town for a convention and i don't want to call L&D yet because my water hasn't broken and I'm afraid to go in and then be sent back home still in major pain anyway im curiouse as to if this is the start to labor or something else?

by on Oct. 17, 2013 at 2:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mrs.Pedro
by Bronze Member on Oct. 17, 2013 at 3:07 AM
Are the pains timeable? If so then time them. I wouldn't necessarily wait until your water breaks considering some ladies give birth with the sac intact and others don't break until right before delivery.
billiemorter
by Member on Oct. 17, 2013 at 3:32 AM

i have to have a c section because of my blood pressure but yes they are they're about 8- 10 mintues apart gettting stronger i just tried a warm/hot bath and still nothing has changed so im not sure what to do i called L&D and they said i have the choice to come in but i dont want to wake my husband up because he has to work in 2 1/2 hours i mean i know he wouldnt be mad but hes been up for 48 hours because of work and i dont want to go in and then be sent right back home again 

DACIA79
by Silver Member on Oct. 17, 2013 at 3:40 AM
I have 3 kids my water only broke with the first baby.

Your description sounds like labor. Regardless at 34 weeks I would definitely go it checked out.
billiemorter
by Member on Oct. 17, 2013 at 3:42 AM

I'm going too i'm waiting on my mother in law to come over im gonna have her take me in since shes up and doesnt work plus we dont live to far from the hospital my husband knows im going in but he also knows that if i am in labor that his dad will be come over and wake him up 

mrssummerlin
by Bronze Member on Oct. 17, 2013 at 3:44 AM
1 mom liked this

You're 34wks... What your describing us EXACTLY how my labour was with my 8wk old son. Call L&D and see what they think. Personally at 34wks with pain like that my booty would have already been at the hospital to be checked out. 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers
billiemorter
by Member on Oct. 17, 2013 at 3:55 AM

I have had pains like this before but no where near as bad or as strong as today so thats why i wasnt sure about going in

DACIA79
by Silver Member on Oct. 17, 2013 at 4:08 AM
If I had waited with the pains your describing 2 out of 3 of my kids would have been born at home.

Good luck.

Quoting billiemorter:

I have had pains like this before but no where near as bad or as strong as today so thats why i wasnt sure about going in

Autumn19
by Ruby Member on Oct. 17, 2013 at 9:20 AM
your way to early go in
lauren.m
by Bronze Member on Oct. 17, 2013 at 9:36 AM
Go to l&d as soon as you can. You don't want to wait too long and them not be able to stop it. 34 weeks is too early you want that baby to stay in there a while longer.
SoInLove515
by Bronze Member on Oct. 17, 2013 at 10:28 AM
keep timing the contractions and don't go by when and if your water breaks. The doctor broke mine 15 minutes before my son was born. I would go to l&d soon though.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured