Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Swelling??

Posted by on Oct. 17, 2013 at 12:24 PM
  • 9 Replies

I was just wondering when would be the time to mention swelling to the doctor. I know Its very common in pregnancies but I never had it with my son so this is a first for me. Yesterday my feet and hands just swelled up and I also had some cramping and it was also in my back as well. I have had them propped all night and all day drinking as much water as I can. The swelling is still the same. I dont want to call the doctor and they think im gonna be some unknowledged worry wart. This is only the second time it has happened but its worse this time. Alot of my friends and family tell me its fine and its normal but then I read about pre- e that it can be mild to severe and if the swelling doesnt go down in 24 hours call your doctor. So Im not sure what I should do. I am also obese considering my hieght and weight so I am at a risk of pre-e to begin with. I just need more info about swelling and for those who have had pre-e. My husband is the worry wart and wants me to call the doctor but Im just not sure.

CafeMom Tickers
by on Oct. 17, 2013 at 12:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
iamnameless
by Silver Member on Oct. 17, 2013 at 12:36 PM
After being off your feet all night and them not going down you need to call. How far along are you?
19greeneyesmoma
by Angel on Oct. 17, 2013 at 12:38 PM

I will be 28 weeks sunday.

Quoting iamnameless:

After being off your feet all night and them not going down you need to call. How far along are you?

CafeMom Tickers
19greeneyesmoma
by Angel on Oct. 17, 2013 at 12:39 PM

I also havent really had them above my heart but Ive had them propped on the ottomen or on the couch.

Quoting 19greeneyesmoma:

Quoting iamnameless:

CafeMom Tickers
iamnameless
by Silver Member on Oct. 17, 2013 at 12:46 PM
My feet are always back to normal when I am in bed at night. I think you should call. Better safe than sorry. :-( my feet are already swollen up and I have to be on them a lot more today. And I am only 11weeks.

Quoting 19greeneyesmoma:

I also havent really had them above my heart but Ive had them propped on the ottomen or on the couch.

Quoting 19greeneyesmoma:

Quoting iamnameless:

19greeneyesmoma
by Angel on Oct. 17, 2013 at 1:00 PM

I go to the doctor thursday, but I might just go on and call. Just trying to get opinions about swelling before calling. Here is a pic of last night and then right now.

LAST NIGHT

TODAY

Quoting iamnameless:

My feet are always back to normal when I am in bed at night. I think you should call. Better safe than sorry. :-( my feet are already swollen up and I have to be on them a lot more today. And I am only 11weeks.

Quoting 19greeneyesmoma:

Quoting 19greeneyesmoma:

Quoting iamnameless:

CafeMom Tickers
19greeneyesmoma
by Angel on Oct. 17, 2013 at 5:12 PM

BUMP

MMerrill
by Melissa on Oct. 19, 2013 at 6:48 PM
1 mom liked this

I delivered my son at 28 weeks due to severe Preeclampsia/HELLP.  If your hands or face is swelling, and your feet are swelling and aren't going down PLEASE contact your OB.  Swelling was my only symptom.

ladyambition
by Gold Member on Oct. 20, 2013 at 12:30 AM

Definitely give your ob a call when you can.

Luvmy2babies22
by Silver Member on Oct. 20, 2013 at 12:38 AM
Swelling was my first symptom of bp issues with my first (although I didn't make the connection). Luckily I had a prenatal visit the next day which put me on bedrest for the last 5 weeks of my pg. Unless you have an appt scheduled for Monday, I would call. You may consider running to the drugstore or grocery store to use their free machine. Of course worrying will also elevate it but at least see what it says. Take it seriously, hope its nothing. Good luck. keep us posted.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured