Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

bad news during ultrasound:: scared!

Posted by on Oct. 17, 2013 at 3:58 PM
  • 6 Replies
1 mom liked this
So the other day my hubby and I went in to find out baby's sex and found out we were having a girl. Yay! HOWEVER we also found out there was too much amniotic fluid surrounding baby and on top of that ´╗┐the baby is frank breech (I'm 22 weeks pregnant). I knew I was carrying bigger than normal at this stage in pregnancy being that this is my third pregnancy. This was due to a lot of fluid and not what I thought of me just being bloated or greedy. Has anyone felt with this or know someone who.has??? I have another apt. In two weeks, and it seems like forever
by on Oct. 17, 2013 at 3:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Honey_Comb
by on Oct. 17, 2013 at 4:03 PM
2 moms liked this
I always have excessive fluid. And there's still plenty of time for the baby to flip. For now try to relax. All that happened with me excessive fluid was a shocked look on the nurses faces when mine spilled all over the floor after they broke my water.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
carsonsmommytam
by on Oct. 17, 2013 at 4:24 PM
I have tons of fluid. Almost 3x the normal amount. Both pregnancies. Message me if ya wanna talk :)
kelly617
by Gold Member on Oct. 17, 2013 at 4:31 PM
1 mom liked this

I had this...its called Polyhydraminos. Most likely it'll go away on its own but if it doesn't its not life threatening and it doesn't harm the baby. Its just REALLY uncomfortable for you
I had this starting at 20wks until I had my son at 39wks 2days...when I measured 45wks (yiiikes)

Basically all they did was "keep an eye on it" my whole pregnancy. I had NST (non stress test) twice a week and an ultrasound once a week to make sure baby was okay and to see what my levels were.
The extra fluid gave my son plenty of space to move around which got kind of painful near the end because he was so big and still able to fullly roll and flip....but thats good for you because that means you have plenty of room for your little girl to flip as well.

lillucky8
by on Oct. 17, 2013 at 4:33 PM
I dont know much about the fluid but there is still plenty of time and space for baby to be doing somersaults in there so i wouldnt worry about position yet
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
krusesbaby
by Silver Member on Oct. 17, 2013 at 5:02 PM

baby will most likely flip a ton of times between now and when they get into position. not sure abou the extra fluid. here is a BUMP

Lizzys_mommy13
by on Oct. 17, 2013 at 5:04 PM

There is a lot of time for baby to flip, so try not to let that worry you just yet. As far as the amniotic fluid goes, that is also sometimes not a big concern. Just wait until your next scan and see what they say then. :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN