Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Pregnancy hormones or legitimately disturbing?

Posted by on Oct. 17, 2013 at 9:22 PM
  • 29 Replies

When I picked 6yo DS up from the Y today, one of the ladies showed me that they had made paper tombstones that said "R.I.P" and then the kids name. She showed me my sons and I cried and said I didn't like it all. Am I being hormonal, or is that disturbing? 

by on Oct. 17, 2013 at 9:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
msalice_21
by Member on Oct. 17, 2013 at 9:31 PM
2 moms liked this
I would cry too. Thats not something I would want to see!!
Turtledoves
by Platinum Member on Oct. 17, 2013 at 9:34 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm personally not a fan of any of those things: skulls on babies, tombstones with real names on them, etc. I think it disturbs me a lot because I actually do have a little headstone with one of my children's names on it from my early second tri miscarriage last January. To do those things for my living children disturbs me. I celebrate and decorate for Halloween, but for my family, that would be too much. 

VintageWife
by on Oct. 17, 2013 at 9:38 PM
2 moms liked this

That is very disturbing! Add to it that it's infant and miscarriage loss month and it makes it worse to "make light" of death involving children like that. I would have complained honestly and I'm not one that usually complains about everything. There are all kinds of Halloween crafts they could have done that don't involve putting childrens names on gravestones!

SimplyEnchanted
by Bronze Member on Oct. 17, 2013 at 9:39 PM

I wouldn't like that and I would probably trash or burn it

LeeBug32
by on Oct. 17, 2013 at 9:40 PM

I'm sorry for your loss. I've had two early miscarriages. 

Quoting Turtledoves:

I'm personally not a fan of any of those things: skulls on babies, tombstones with real names on them, etc. I think it disturbs me a lot because I actually do have a little headstone with one of my children's names on it from my early second tri miscarriage last January. To do those things for my living children disturbs me. I celebrate and decorate for Halloween, but for my family, that would be too much. 

LeeBug32
by on Oct. 17, 2013 at 9:41 PM

I've lost two and I totally agree.

Quoting VintageWife:

That is very disturbing! Add to it that it's infant and miscarriage loss month and it makes it worse to "make light" of death involving children like that. I would have complained honestly and I'm not one that usually complains about everything. There are all kinds of Halloween crafts they could have done that don't involve putting childrens names on gravestones!

akrall83
by Member on Oct. 17, 2013 at 9:41 PM
Not cool. Halloween is my favorite holiday, and i think that crossed a line.
LeeBug32
by on Oct. 17, 2013 at 9:43 PM
1 mom liked this

I wanted to. I was crying and just grabbed DS and left after telling them what I thought.

Quoting SimplyEnchanted:

I wouldn't like that and I would probably trash or burn it

LeeBug32
by on Oct. 17, 2013 at 9:46 PM

I agree.

Quoting akrall83:

Not cool. Halloween is my favorite holiday, and i think that crossed a line.

ilovemykids732
by on Oct. 17, 2013 at 9:48 PM
Although I find that VERY disturbing, you are asking in a pregnant group if it's the pregnancy or just your way of thinking... Lol were all super hormonal!! :-P
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)