Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Did your pet know??

Posted by on Oct. 18, 2013 at 8:12 AM
  • 21 Replies
Did your pet know that labor was near? Or did they act differently towards you while pregnant?
The last 2 days my normaly calm cat has been acting ridiculous & driving me crazy! Shes constantly all over me, following me around, whining for no reason. And if she's not bothering me she running the house jumping of walls & getting into stuff. Its just not her..
I'm 37 weeks & been having contractions & just feel like its coming soon, wonder if her behavior is because she senses it too.
by on Oct. 18, 2013 at 8:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
xredstarsx
by on Oct. 18, 2013 at 10:26 AM
My mother in laws dog knew. They were living with us at the time and every morning he would come downstairs and check on me and then leave. Also with both pregnancies he would rub up against my stomach to push my shirt up and lick my belly. He didn't really act differently at the end except more protective. Who knows how he would have been if I had gotten the home birth I wanted.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mem82
by Ruby Member on Oct. 18, 2013 at 10:30 AM

My Lab mixed knew something was off early on. She would just sit and start at me. Drove me NUTS! LOL

mem82
by Ruby Member on Oct. 18, 2013 at 10:31 AM

She could be sensing the change in hormones. I wouldn't doubt it.

Mittenmommie
by Bronze Member on Oct. 18, 2013 at 10:32 AM
2 moms liked this
My male dog knows I am pregnant. He won't leave me alone, has to lay next to me and wants to be around me from morning to night. It's beyond annoying.
Shellynn10
by Member on Oct. 18, 2013 at 12:16 PM

My pets haven't really acted any different yet.  I'm at 19 weeks tomorrow so maybe it's too early for them to tell...? 

Clemency3
by on Oct. 18, 2013 at 2:33 PM

yea my cat is getting like that. i understand why..my BH's are coming on stronger and more so today than they have been over the past couple weeks so I think it is near. She doesn't leave me alone. 

CafeMom Tickers
Savvysmomma118
by Member on Oct. 18, 2013 at 3:14 PM
Mine didn't sense labor but my dang cats won't leave me alone when I am pregnant lol
forsakenjewl24
by Bronze Member on Oct. 18, 2013 at 3:35 PM

well further and further along i get my 3 year old pitty has been up my butt like almost literally. he never leaves my side if i wouldn't tell him to "go" it's only gotten worse this week. so i'm assuming baby girl is going to be here sooner then i thought. and to top it off my dr agrees with all the movement she's been having. my guy has gotten even more protective to. it's cute but man is it annoying.

pregnancy due date
babies
Daisypath Anniversary tickers
KRhyMama2013
by on Oct. 18, 2013 at 3:35 PM

My silky terrier started staking me around our house, even trying to get in the shower with me.  As for our cat, he has started marking everything.  So he is going to stay at my SO moms house till we can introduce him to our LO.

mikkosmommy
by on Oct. 18, 2013 at 3:44 PM
We have two male Boston terriers and I think one of them knows I am pregnant. Honestly the other one has always been a bit 'slow.' But the one hasn't left me alone since I was a few weeks preggo. I am not particularly close to either of the dogs, so it's strange to me how the one just won't leave my side now.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)