Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

previous pregnancies or current? When did you start lactating?

Posted by   + Show Post

Mobile Photo

We are 5 weeks 2 days according to O date.

I was trying to see just how much bigger my boobs are already by feeling them and I felt a tiny bit of liquid on the tip of my nipples. clear and just the smallest bit but i was surprised lol !

When did you notice clear fluid or milk?

Also... did u not let daddy mess with boobies near end of pregnancy?
by on Oct. 19, 2013 at 2:11 AM
Replies (31-40):
hunnny_bre
by on Oct. 19, 2013 at 5:47 PM
1 mom liked this
I am getting those pads now lol better before then after my shirt is covered in leakage ! Hahaha

Quoting kisha89:

With my second full on leaking (no squeezing needed) at 15 weeks. And my 3rd (now) full on no squeezing needed leaking at 18 weeks. Im 27 weeks and need pads because I leak constantly. I don't remember when it happened with my first.
victoriaherring
by on Oct. 19, 2013 at 5:49 PM
1 mom liked this

With my first I didn't notice it until after 20 weeks.. This time I went to the doctor because I was lactating or something like it and was sure I wasn't pregnant cause I tested and it was negative, but the test in the office was positive, so it started pretty much the day I conceived it seems, because that doctors appt was set up for a week or two after it started, and I was only 4 weeks along.

hunnny_bre
by on Oct. 19, 2013 at 5:51 PM
Wow! Lol congrats girl! What a funny way to find out ur pregnant! I love stories like that!:):)

Quoting victoriaherring:

With my first I didn't notice it until after 20 weeks.. This time I went to the doctor because I was lactating or something like it and was sure I wasn't pregnant cause I tested and it was negative, but the test in the office was positive, so it started pretty much the day I conceived it seems, because that doctors appt was set up for a week or two after it started, and I was only 4 weeks along.

victoriaherring
by on Oct. 19, 2013 at 6:01 PM
1 mom liked this

It was pretty funny.. I did some googling and it turns out leaking white stuff when you aren't pregnant or nursing isn't good.. I thought I may have cancer or something because I was so sure I wasn't pregnant after taking the tests.. It was a happy surprise though :)

Quoting hunnny_bre:

Wow! Lol congrats girl! What a funny way to find out ur pregnant! I love stories like that!:):)

Quoting victoriaherring:

babyfish0511
by on Oct. 19, 2013 at 6:17 PM
I can't get comfy in sports bras anymore. I got some nursing bras but they're too small for me now, lol. I have to go get some more next week. I went from a 36 D to a 38 DD and Idk what size I am now. Nursing pads are a good idea just in case you do leak bad. I don't have to wear them just yet. I'm hoping I won't til after the baby gets here.
Quoting hunnny_bre:

Wearing a sports bra all the time for me helps a lot lol so that's what I have been doing too lol oh and I'm gonna go get some nipple pads now lol just in case!!!

Quoting babyfish0511:

With DD I started leaking at 20 weeks. I leaked bad w her and had to wear nipple pads for weeks before she got here. She is now 6 and I have had clear fluid at times come out ever since. With this pregnancy (I am 26 weeks 3 days) I started leaking colostrum at 22 weeks and it's not near as much as w DD. I still let DH mess w my boobies. According to him he can't help it, lol. But I do ask him to be gentle because some days they feel like they are burnt or something. Wearing a bra all the time helps but I have to let them be free sometimes lol.

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers
ajohnson08099
by on Oct. 19, 2013 at 9:32 PM
1 mom liked this
Yep! That was my first warning sign too...

it went "hmm my boobs hurt... weird... ... ... oh shit when's my period due?!?" (The answer was about three days prior LOL oops)

My hubby just thinks they are milk bags now :(:(

Quoting hunnny_bre:

Lol that's so funny! And reminds me of my love I thought I was having fibrocystic breast issues.. he knew it was painful and I could hardly touch them myself without discomfort, he didn't touch them one day and I was taken back it was so weird I asked him why not lol... Usually he is all over my boobies!! He said he doesn't want to hurt them(awwwww) melted my heart lol

Turns out I'm pregnant and that's probably the cause of pain ;) lmao..

Quoting ajohnson08099:

I never started leaking per say but (tmi) I would get dried milk/colostrum maybe starting half way through (only one baby here)

Id let SO mess with breast in general but if he thought about touching my nipples oooo he'd be across the room! All about how you feel, no right or wrong way if doing it. SO used to love messing with my chest.... but forwarned he hasn't touched them since beginning breastfeeding! They aren't "toys" anymore apparently LOL
amy_dawn
by Member on Oct. 19, 2013 at 10:15 PM
1 mom liked this

Nope, he won't! Your body will keep on producing colostrum until your hormones change a few days after you give birth. This is why women can continue breastfeeding a baby throughout a pregnancy and then tandem nurse after the second one is born. It's because your body will automatically start making colostrum at a particular point, and continue to make it as long as the hormone mix is correct...and it stays "correct" until after you give birth. So hubbies can play all the way, LOL! They won't be taking anything away from the baby because your body will just make more. The one negative, other than it being messy and sticky, is that if you go overboard and play too much, you can trick your body into thinking it needs to make more, just like it does with milk (the more often you breastfeed or pump, the more milk you make). But I imagine it would take a lot of booby squeezing to cause that, LOL. ;-)

Quoting hunnny_bre:

Lol I'm nervous he will take babies milk!! No touchy for daddy hahaha this is so funny talking about

Quoting amy_dawn:

I have had clear leakage early in pregnancy like that. And my colostrum always starts during beginning to middle of third trimester (if I'm remembering correctly), and I always get really leaky to the point of needing the pads during the day. Of course, this time I'm breastfeeding still, so we'll see when it switches over to colostrum.

Oh, and 'yes' to your second question, unless I was sore.

carsonsmommytam
by on Oct. 20, 2013 at 2:58 AM
1 mom liked this
I sure did, with docs permission of course. And no, it didn't even cause one contraction, which was good. I have 12oz of colostrum frozen so if my son needs it we have it ready (I had latch issues with my first) and if I dont need it, it will be donated to preemie babies :)

Quoting hunnny_bre:

Wow!! U pumped while pregnant, it didn't bring on labor? I think daddy will be interested in playing with my boobies once they stop hurting lol but he may just be comfortable holding them in the mean time hes scared itll hurt lol Idk we'll see

Quoting carsonsmommytam:

22 weeks. Both kids. I make a TON of colostrum. I can actually pump an ounce at a time while pregnant. Your school is way off. Lol. You only make colostrum for a few days after birth until it switches to milk. And I allow hubs to play with my breasts, if he wants to :)

krusesbaby
by Silver Member on Oct. 20, 2013 at 8:48 PM
1 mom liked this

lol! With my first i got engorged for about 2 days after my milk came in until my dd finally learned to latch correctly and thus drink the proper amount of milk. with my ds he wasnt early (she was 36wks and a little juandis (sp?) so she took a little longer) and starter nursing like a pro right away and i never got engorged. i am hoping for a repeat of that with this little one lol!

Quoting hunnny_bre:

I am SO excited to breastfeed!!!! For as long as I can until the baby weens.. but thus engorgement u speak of lol doesn't sound too fun;)

Quoting krusesbaby:

I was about 20 weeks with both of my kids. My ds just stopped nursing about 4mo ago when I was 3mo pregnant (he was 17mo) so I don't think my milk has ever really left lol! I could still probably pump if I wanted but I don't want to loose the colostrum this baby will need. I'm hoping it means I don't have to have the engorgement pain and the milk will already be in.
Daddy can play all he wants but the nipples themselves are very tender and off limits the entire time i'm nursing. he doesn't mind because it saves us so much money.

CafeMom Tickers
mommie2madison
by on Oct. 21, 2013 at 1:33 PM
1 mom liked this

I could sometimes have the tiniest drop of clear liquid even when I wasn't pregnant or lactating, so don't read into it too much.

I think I first noticed "leakage" about 32 weeks.

The only time DH can't touch the "girls" is when they're sore - other than that - he can touch them as he pleases - his touching is welcome and invited most times.  ;-)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN