Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

previous pregnancies or current? When did you start lactating?

Posted by   + Show Post

Mobile Photo

We are 5 weeks 2 days according to O date.

I was trying to see just how much bigger my boobs are already by feeling them and I felt a tiny bit of liquid on the tip of my nipples. clear and just the smallest bit but i was surprised lol !

When did you notice clear fluid or milk?

Also... did u not let daddy mess with boobies near end of pregnancy?
by on Oct. 19, 2013 at 2:11 AM
Replies (41-49):
LeapBaby123
by Kathleen on Oct. 21, 2013 at 1:46 PM
No leaking yet, but I very occasionally get a tiny bit of crusty stuff on there, lol. 30 weeks.
Autumn19
by Ruby Member on Oct. 21, 2013 at 2:21 PM
Im still nursing my dd so i still have milk
hunnny_bre
by on Oct. 23, 2013 at 12:06 AM
I just love all your stories ladies. How amazing our bodies are.. its so crazy. Lol I have a wholenew respect for us women whove become pregnant and who've become mothers. Wow! I'm so in love with my little baby already!
PrimalMom
by on Oct. 23, 2013 at 1:30 AM
1 mom liked this

For my past 2 pregnancies I didn't have any dry milk on nipples until I was at the very end. With this one I've had colostrum since around 15 weeks..

I don't understand the whole "daddy can't touch" thing with breasts during pregnancy or while nursing. My boobs are sore and big and his hands are gentle and big. I highly encourage him to rub my boobies! Its when he starts playing with the nipples that we have problems lol. My breasts don't actually drip and leak milk until I'm nursing and only at feeding times.

PrimalMom
by on Oct. 23, 2013 at 1:37 AM

That does really happen btw!! All about those maternal hormones. I would hear a baby cry and my boobs wouldn't leak right away but they would start to flush with warmth which is what it feels like when you nurse. Oh and there's breast shells you can get if you plan to nurse. http://www.americanscreeningcorp.com/Avent-Breast-Shells-P1941.aspx?utm_source=GoogleShopping&utm_medium=organic&gclid=CNCGsuedrLoCFWZBQgodsC8ACQ 

I don't know why that link is to some weird website but you can put those cups inside your bra and since you are leaking anyway it collects the little bit of milk so you can save it :) Gotta hold onto that gold!

Quoting hunnny_bre:

Wow really already at 23 weeks?.. In nursing school we were tsught hat colostrum doesn't start until the baby is born and lasts onky for a couple weeks... So much for THAT! Lol....

This is our first too! After 4 serious years ttc and 7 years total... conceived naturally some how by the grace of God :)-!

I googled this question too cos I was impatiently waiting for ladies to share their stories lol.. i read that clear fluid can and does happen early like it is with me at 5w2d, nothing to worry about i guess unless its a lot and this is definitely not much at all hardly even noticeable. so far!

One lady said she was 12 weeks at a clothes store, heard a baby cry and apparently she started lactating a lot ! Makes me want toget some of those nipple leakage pads already so incident like that doesn't happen lol

Quoting samsanders:

This is our first and I am 23 weeks. Just started having that leaking around week 21. I haven't heard anyone having it so early though! But I don't know much about pregnancy considering this is my first. It's called colostrum. It also has a yellow tinge to it.

hunnny_bre
by on Oct. 23, 2013 at 3:39 AM
Lol thank you for the info! Right now it isn't enough to catch actually I haven't noticed it much now. It was the tinies of droplets right on the tips. Nothing now though that I can tell I've been watchin.

But when I do lactacte I will definitely start collecting if possible thanks hun!!!!:)

Quoting PrimalMom:

That does really happen btw!! All about those maternal hormones. I would hear a baby cry and my boobs wouldn't leak right away but they would start to flush with warmth which is what it feels like when you nurse. Oh and there's breast shells you can get if you plan to nurse. http://www.americanscreeningcorp.com/Avent-Breast-Shells-P1941.aspx?utm_source=GoogleShopping&utm_medium=organic&gclid=CNCGsuedrLoCFWZBQgodsC8ACQ 

I don't know why that link is to some weird website but you can put those cups inside your bra and since you are leaking anyway it collects the little bit of milk so you can save it :) Gotta hold onto that gold!

Quoting hunnny_bre:

Wow really already at 23 weeks?.. In nursing school we were tsught hat colostrum doesn't start until the baby is born and lasts onky for a couple weeks... So much for THAT! Lol....

This is our first too! After 4 serious years ttc and 7 years total... conceived naturally some how by the grace of God :)-!

I googled this question too cos I was impatiently waiting for ladies to share their stories lol.. i read that clear fluid can and does happen early like it is with me at 5w2d, nothing to worry about i guess unless its a lot and this is definitely not much at all hardly even noticeable. so far!

One lady said she was 12 weeks at a clothes store, heard a baby cry and apparently she started lactating a lot ! Makes me want toget some of those nipple leakage pads already so incident like that doesn't happen lol

Quoting samsanders:

This is our first and I am 23 weeks. Just started having that leaking around week 21. I haven't heard anyone having it so early though! But I don't know much about pregnancy considering this is my first. It's called colostrum. It also has a yellow tinge to it.

hunnny_bre
by on Oct. 23, 2013 at 3:40 AM
Lol thank you for the info! Right now it isn't enough to catch actually I haven't noticed it much now. It was the tinies of droplets right on the tips. Nothing now though that I can tell I've been watchin

Those cups are awesome -!!!:).

But when I do lactacte I will definitely start collecting if possible thanks hun!!!!:)

Quoting PrimalMom:That does really happen btw!! All about those maternal hormones. I would hear a baby cry and my boobs wouldn't leak right away but they would start to flush with warmth which is what it feels like when you nurse. Oh and there's breast shells you can get if you plan to nurse. http://www.americanscreeningcorp.com/Avent-Breast-Shells-P1941.aspx?utm_source=GoogleShopping&utm_medium=organic&gclid=CNCGsuedrLoCFWZBQgodsC8ACQ I don't know why that link is to some weird website but you can put those cups inside your bra and since you are leaking anyway it collects the little bit of milk so you can save it :) Gotta hold onto that gold!Quoting hunnny_bre:Wow really already at 23 weeks?.. In nursing school we were tsught hat colostrum doesn't start until the baby is born and lasts onky for a couple weeks... So much for THAT! Lol....

Quoting samsanders:

hunnny_bre
by on Oct. 23, 2013 at 3:44 AM
Very good to know! I just assumed daddy can'tplay bbecause they're all around pretty sore right now. Really lol... but I will definitely say no to nipples with him because nipple stimulation can actually stimulate labor ya know. That's why they say breastfeeding helpscontract the uterus back to its ppretty pregnancy size. So.. I'm glad he may be able to rub the boobies lol;D <3

Quoting PrimalMom:

For my past 2 pregnancies I didn't have any dry milk on nipples until I was at the very end. With this one I've had colostrum since around 15 weeks..

I don't understand the whole "daddy can't touch" thing with breasts during pregnancy or while nursing. My boobs are sore and big and his hands are gentle and big. I highly encourage him to rub my boobies! Its when he starts playing with the nipples that we have problems lol. My breasts don't actually drip and leak milk until I'm nursing and only at feeding times.

PrimalMom
by on Oct. 24, 2013 at 1:26 AM
1 mom liked this

lol my response was for when you are nursing :) it would be a bit wild to see just a pregnant mom leak all out like crazy though... eeep

Quoting hunnny_bre:

Lol thank you for the info! Right now it isn't enough to catch actually I haven't noticed it much now. It was the tinies of droplets right on the tips. Nothing now though that I can tell I've been watchin.

Quoting PrimalMom:

Quoting hunnny_bre:

Quoting samsanders:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN