Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Was this pregnancy planned?

Posted by on Oct. 20, 2013 at 8:18 AM
  • 51 Replies
I just found out Friday that I'm pregnant with my third child. It definitely wasn't planned. I wasn't on birth control and I knew it could happen I guess I just wasn't as prepared for the possibility as I thought. I'm married and we can do it financially, there's just a lot going on right now with us and seems like really bad timing. I feel bad for feeling this way. I wish I was excited as I was with my other kids. Anyone else feel this way? I know I'll get there and this baby will be a blessing I'm just struggling with this right now. There are so many women who can't have babies so I should count my blessings, I guess I feel bad for feeling bad if that makes and sense? s
by on Oct. 20, 2013 at 8:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommy2casidee
by Bronze Member on Oct. 20, 2013 at 8:23 AM
1 mom liked this
Very much so as I'm a surrogate. But don't feel bad for your feelings, they're yours to feel. You just found out, Give yourself some time to take it in.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rebekahmuse
by Bronze Member on Oct. 20, 2013 at 8:25 AM
Thank you and that's an awesome thing you're doing!

Quoting mommy2casidee:

Very much so as I'm a surrogate. But don't feel bad for your feelings, they're yours to feel. You just found out, Give yourself some time to take it in.
sunflower970
by Member on Oct. 20, 2013 at 8:28 AM
1 mom liked this
Finding out your pregnant is a BIG thing regardless of it being planned or not. Even when planning it I think some woman probably feel someone the same because now it just got real and there's no turning back! Don't feel bad for your feelings. As you said things will turn around. And I'm a firm believer in everything happens for a reason. Congrats!
rebekahmuse
by Bronze Member on Oct. 20, 2013 at 8:30 AM
1 mom liked this
Thank you :)

Quoting sunflower970:

Finding out your pregnant is a BIG thing regardless of it being planned or not. Even when planning it I think some woman probably feel someone the same because now it just got real and there's no turning back! Don't feel bad for your feelings. As you said things will turn around. And I'm a firm believer in everything happens for a reason. Congrats!
JessiFaye
by Silver Member on Oct. 20, 2013 at 9:06 AM
1 mom liked this
This baby (our first) was planned. We tried for 2.5 years before finally conceiving. That being said, I still experienced some of the emotions of "oh my god... can I/we do this??" I think it's a normal reaction to a big life change and you shouldn't feel bad for needing to work through your emotions. :)
Mom2five87
by Bronze Member on Oct. 20, 2013 at 9:12 AM
1 mom liked this
Yes but Im still kind of nervous. I think it's normal. Once you see that positive test, it's REAL! lol. This will be our 6th baby. Our youngest is almost 5 months. We were not preventing but I guess I didn't think it would happen THIS soon! lol
Honey_Comb
by Bronze Member on Oct. 20, 2013 at 9:22 AM
1 mom liked this
2/4 of my kids were not planned. This one was a little more shocking since my youngest was only 7 months old. :/. But a blessing none the less
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Karopie_99
by Member on Oct. 20, 2013 at 9:27 AM
1 mom liked this
A planned baby or not can always shock the system. Especially if there are problems in the home hopefully everything can be resolved and you can enjoy the pregnancy. I'm having my 4th baby tomorrow morning at 7am. I've been over joyed and nervous. Things at home are great so thats not an issue. Its finances. But we have figured it all out and should be totally fine :)
hailey-brendan
by Member on Oct. 20, 2013 at 9:32 AM
1 mom liked this
This baby our first wasn't planned but we were not doing anything to prevent it. She will be here in 24 days and we couldn't be happier :)
sita5184
by New Member on Oct. 20, 2013 at 9:36 AM
1 mom liked this
Neither of my kids were "planned". I stopped taking bc, knew it could happen, but didn't actively "try" either time. We were married only one and a half months when I got pregnant with dd1....I remember being nervous what dh would think but he was thrilled! There was a lot going on in our lives and I was worried but it all worked out. Dd2 was a bigger surprise because I had only been off bc a couple weeks and dh lost his job right about when I conceived. But that time I was actually more at ease. I felt like I would not have been granted such a blessing if things weren't going to work out fine. I was concerned that we would get comments about dh being jobless while I was pregnant but if people talked, I never heard it.

Pregnancy and a baby is a big deal, planned or not, and it's only natural to be nervous. You'll be fine!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured