Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

WINNERS ANNOUNCED Q&A with Kate Hopper, Author of Ready for Air: A Journey Through Premature Motherhood

Posted by   + Show Post

CafeMom is excited to welcome Kate Hopper, author of Ready for Air: A Journey Through Premature Motherhood, to the Pregnancy group. Kate will be taking your questions until November 1st.

Kate breaks the silence and shares what it's like to be thrust into motherhood before she had anticipated. She shares a harrowing, poignant and occasionally hysterical journey through premature motherhood, from the starting point of 'leaking a little protein' to the early delivery of her tiny daughter because of severe preeclampsia and the beginning of a new chapter of frightful, lifelong love. 

Want to know more about premature birth, NICU stays, preeclampsia, or how to write out your story? Ask your questions here!  Kate will answer your questions starting October 28 through November 1. Three moms who ask a question will win a copy of Kate's book: Ready for Air: A Journey Through Premature Motherhood.

The Giveaway Rules:

The Ready for Air Giveaway starts 10/21/2013 at 11am (ET) and ends 11/1/2013 at 11pm (ET) (the "Giveaway Period"). Enter by replying to this post with an appropriate comment during the Giveaway Period.
Multiple entries are permitted and encouraged, as it increases your chances of winning. Three winners will be selected in a random drawing of all eligible entries to receive a Ready for Air Book.
The random drawing shall occur on or about 11/15/13. No Purchase Necessary. Open to US, DC, and PR residents 16 years and older. Void where prohibited. Click here for the rest of the Official Rules.
by on Oct. 21, 2013 at 12:14 PM
Replies (11-20):
AspensMama1537
by Member on Oct. 22, 2013 at 8:12 AM
How long was your baby in the nicu?
AspensMama1537
by Member on Oct. 22, 2013 at 8:13 AM
What was your breaking point?
mom2many747
by Member on Oct. 22, 2013 at 8:27 AM
Obviously having a premature baby is never planned. Before pre eclampsia, did you have a birth plan? How premature was your baby? How is your baby doing developmentally now?
skitskidaddle
by on Oct. 23, 2013 at 12:58 AM
Is there a less chance to deliver prematurely if you stay off your feet or maintain a high protein diet?
skitskidaddle
by on Oct. 23, 2013 at 12:59 AM
When I was a premie, they had no clothes, my g-ma took care of me, and dressed me in doll clothes.
JAZ88
by Member on Oct. 23, 2013 at 8:43 AM
I'm so glad your here. I just had a similar experience and its nice to see there are others out there. My son has been in the nicu for 2 weeks and he's doing great. Hoping to bring him home soon. Welcome
funhappymom
by on Oct. 23, 2013 at 9:31 AM

How far along were you when you delivered?

funhappymom
by on Oct. 23, 2013 at 9:33 AM

Did you have symptoms prior to when you had to deliver?

funhappymom
by on Oct. 23, 2013 at 9:41 AM

When did you decide to write your book?

funhappymom
by on Oct. 23, 2013 at 9:41 AM

How long was your daughter in the NICU?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN