by Mary Fischer
Wow. There are some days when I really think I have my hands full, but one mom in California definitely has me beat as far as having a lot on her plate goes.
Christi Cason just welcomed her17th baby, and believe it or not -- she and her husband Dave can't wait to conceive again. In fact, she admits that she wouldn't mind having a set of twins the next time around. She and Dave hope to have 20 children all together.
OMG. I know plenty of people are already thinking about their next baby fairly soon after theirnewborn arrives -- but can you imagine wanting to be pregnant again when you've already done it 17 times?!?
If you do the math, this woman has basically been knocked up for almost 13 years of her life.
Sure, pregnancy is a miracle and it's beautiful and all that good stuff. But there are definitely certain aspects of it that aren't too pleasant -- and that most of us wouldn't want to experience over and over again.
Come to think of it, I can think of 17 pregnancy side effects, consequences, and symptoms I wouldn't want to go through one more time let alone 17 -- no matter how much you paid me.
- Heartburn so bad it feels like battery acid
- An episiotomy
- Gaining 50-plus pounds
- Back acne (don't ask)
- Belly button itch
- Giving up booze
- Giving up coffee
- Insomnia from body aches
- Peeing 2,500 times a day
- Horrible constipation from not being able to poop because #1 makes it hurt too bad
- Emotions so bad they make me throw a plastic cup at a co-worker (What? That never happened.)
- Thinning hair that clogs up the drain
- A fat, bloated, and puffy face that's almost unrecognizable
- Farts that are simply impossible to hold in
- Leaky boobs
Would you want to be pregnant 17 times?
Image via 237/Ocean/Corbis