Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Advice Needed: Lactating question

Posted by on Oct. 22, 2013 at 3:52 PM
  • 12 Replies

I am just curious, when is a mom suppose to start lactating? I am 14 weeks on thursday. I am just really curious.

by on Oct. 22, 2013 at 3:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Pandapanda
by Cafe Panda on Oct. 22, 2013 at 4:01 PM
Nkt all women do. I never did with my first two pregnancies.
nicole2884
by on Oct. 22, 2013 at 4:03 PM
I didn't until after
funhappymom
by Silver Member on Oct. 23, 2013 at 8:20 AM

I didn't start until after delivery. Most moms don't until then.

carsonsmommytam
by on Oct. 23, 2013 at 8:35 AM
Your breasts gear up and start making colostrum in the second trimester. Some people leak it like crazy and can squeeze it out. Some people can't. But its there and ready for baby when baby is here. Once you have baby and the placenta is removed, the hormones in your body start changing the colostrum to milk.
krusesbaby
by Bronze Member on Oct. 23, 2013 at 8:47 AM
I started leaking at like 30 weeks with my first. With my second i started at like 18lol and i got pregnant when my second was 15mo so he weaned himself at 18mo and here i am...still full of milk that i believe has reverted back to colostrum waiting about 8-10weeks for my baby! Hehe
amy_dawn
by Member on Oct. 23, 2013 at 3:54 PM
Every mom is different and every pregnancy us different. With my first 3, it was late second trimester. With my 4th it came late first trimester. And I always produce enough that I leak a lot. In fact, while nursing my third baby, I had mastitis a couple of times, and while pregnant with my 4th--not nursing any baby and only producing colostrum--I got mastitis. My body is a little crazy when it comes to lactation, LOL! This pregnancy, I'm still nursing, so things will be even different still.
babyfish0511
by Bronze Member on Oct. 23, 2013 at 4:04 PM

With DD I started leaking at 20 weeks. With this one I started leaking at 22ish weeks. 

Autumn19
by Ruby Member on Oct. 23, 2013 at 5:07 PM
After delivery
lost2013
by Bronze Member on Oct. 23, 2013 at 5:18 PM

I start to lactate when I was 32-33 weeks I started to get wet it wasn't all the time the first time I noticed it was when I was writing my thank you cards from the baby shower. 

kmqw229
by Ruby Member on Oct. 23, 2013 at 11:56 PM
Same here

Quoting nicole2884:

I didn't until after
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)