Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

how far along did you?

Posted by on Oct. 22, 2013 at 4:35 PM
  • 17 Replies
1 mom liked this
How far along did you start feeling flutters or kicks?

im 13 weeks tomorrow and im guessing there little flutters im feeling. or is it too early to even feel anything?
by on Oct. 22, 2013 at 4:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jenmomx3
by Member on Oct. 22, 2013 at 4:36 PM

Each person is different.  They say with a first pregnancy between 16 to 20 weeks, but this is my fourth and I could feel the baby at 13 weeks also.  It can also vary based on  your build...slimmer people can sometimes feel more.  If you think you are feeling the butterflies, I would say that you probably are....congrats!!

krusesbaby
by Silver Member on Oct. 22, 2013 at 4:39 PM

first baby about 20 weeks second about 16 this one about 14

JessiFaye
by Silver Member on Oct. 22, 2013 at 4:47 PM

I felt flutters on a very inconsistent basis at about 13.5 weeks. Now that I'm 19.5 weeks, I'm feeling them more frequently, but still not all the time just yet. This is my first. :)

And if anybody wants to know how fast pregnancies can progress, about 15 minutes after I posted this, I felt the first actual kicks. LOL 

CafeMom Tickers
Luvmy2babies22
by Gold Member on Oct. 22, 2013 at 4:50 PM

With my first I was "early" compared to whatever What to Expect said.  I don't remember off the top of my head though.  My son was ACTIVE!  My 2nd wasn't as active and it took me longer.  I'm 12w2d with #3 and feel like I should feel something by now but don't.  I'm guessing 16-18w-ish...

Heather2001
by Heather on Oct. 22, 2013 at 5:28 PM

1st baby: 18 weeks

2nd baby: 15 weeks

3rd baby: 12 weeks

LeapBaby123
by Kathleen on Oct. 22, 2013 at 5:34 PM
About 17 weeks, but it wasn't until 18 weeks that I figured out I was feeling lite baby instead of muscle spasms. :)
Raeann11
by Platinum Member on Oct. 22, 2013 at 9:00 PM

1st 16/17 weeks when I realized what that feeling was

2nd 12 weeks

3rd 10 weeks

samsanders
by Samantha on Oct. 23, 2013 at 4:18 PM
2 moms liked this
Is this your first? And girl if you think they were flutters then trust your gut. I had the ultrasound tech tell me at 18 weeks I couldn't feel baby because of where my placenta was. And then he kicked the probe hard and she felt like an idiot lol. I've been feeling him since 16 weeks and he is my first. :) I didn't feel flutters though I felt popcorn like pops!
Nela12
by Bronze Member on Oct. 23, 2013 at 4:21 PM
Yes it's my first! That's why all this is so new to me! And haha that's funny. Dr's don't know what they are but your the only one that does cause you actually feel them! & congratulations :)

Quoting samsanders:

Is this your first? And girl if you think they were flutters then trust your gut. I had the ultrasound tech tell me at 18 weeks I couldn't feel baby because of where my placenta was. And then he kicked the probe hard and she felt like an idiot lol. I've been feeling him since 16 weeks and he is my first. :) I didn't feel flutters though I felt popcorn like pops!

kmqw229
by Ruby Member on Oct. 23, 2013 at 11:56 PM
1st: 10-11 weeks
2nd: 14 weeks
3rd: 12 weeks
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN