Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

How big did your baby measure at 38 weeks?

Posted by on Oct. 23, 2013 at 6:01 PM
  • 3 Replies

Little miss has been measuring big since 18 weeks, at 32 weeks she was measuring 5.5lbs.  I have measured ahead this whole time as well.  Today i am 38w2d and measured at 44 weeks.  I had a growth scan to check and see how big she is and she measured at 9.14lbs.  I am going for a vba3c and i have a great ob but i am starting to get nervous.  I know how off a sono can be but with her constantly measuring so big i have a feeling she is a chunk.  My sono was after my appointment so my ob said we would discuss everything next time.  I can not be induced at all so my only option is to go into labor on my own which i have never did.  I am scared of going over by to far and her being huge.  I am trying really hard to stay positive though.  

If you had a sono at 38 weeks how big did baby messure and how much did baby weigh at birth.

by on Oct. 23, 2013 at 6:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
kcangel63
by Gold Member on Oct. 23, 2013 at 6:03 PM
My fundal height is usually spot on to 2 cm bigger. I don't know about weight. I don't do ultrasounds. Sizing ultrasounds are pretty misleading anyway.
Raeann11
by Platinum Member on Oct. 23, 2013 at 7:46 PM

My second I had one ultrasound around 22 weeks and from going by that, how much further I was measuring, going by I might have GD(which I did not know till I was in labor at the hospital my Dr put that on my chart). They said she would be a 9-10lb baby. Well guess what she was 6lbs 3oz. She was born 4 weeks early and they were still guessing that the day she was born. Should have seen the look on there faces when she came out. PRICELESS!!! Wish I could have seen better. My hubby got a good laugh.

Luvmy2babies22
by Gold Member on Oct. 23, 2013 at 7:59 PM

I had a sono at 30w to measure my son (my first) because I was always measuring big.  He measured over 5lbs at that time.  I was induced at 38w and he was 8lbs5oz so our sono was just about right on.

On the flip side, I had an u/s just before 36w with my dd (my 2nd) to check growth because I had GD.  They told me she was nearly 7lbs at that point.  I gave birth about a week later and she was only 6lbs5oz so they were off by about a pound with her.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)