Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

I'm pregnant and I dont know how to tell my boyfriend

Posted by on Oct. 23, 2013 at 7:34 PM
  • 15 Replies

My boyfriend and I just lost a baby before and I dont know how to tell him that I am pregnant now. 

by on Oct. 23, 2013 at 7:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Luvmy2babies22
by Gold Member on Oct. 23, 2013 at 7:36 PM

Just tell him

I'm sorry for your loss

Raeann11
by Platinum Member on Oct. 23, 2013 at 7:43 PM

I'm sorry for your loss. You just tell him as hard as it may be or if you are worried. It is better to get it out there.

kmqw229
by Ruby Member on Oct. 23, 2013 at 11:59 PM
Show him the positive test.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kmqw229
by Ruby Member on Oct. 23, 2013 at 11:59 PM
Good luck!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Pagan_Mommy84
by on Oct. 24, 2013 at 12:20 AM

I'm so sorry that you lost your baby :(  ... As for telling your BF, that's all on your comfort level.  If it were me, I would just tell him, however I've never been in your position so I can't say that I would for sure.  But, another suggestion could be to wait until yoru 12 weeks.  At that point, that's when the chances of miscarrying drops quite a bit, and might give him some relief.  But to be honest, just my opinion...I think he would want to go through this with you instead of letting you go through it on your own.  I hope that you consider telling him, practice in a mirror if you need to and give yourself a time limit.  Write a note, and for example say your time limit that you gave yourself to tell him is Friday.  If you haven't or can't tell him by that time, give him the note, that way you can't take it back.  I hope it all works out for you both *hugs*

PrimalMom
by on Oct. 24, 2013 at 1:50 AM

If it were my husband I think he would still want to know. I would still be excited and tell him. Its okay to be worried still but there's no reason you can't be just as excited and happy. I'm sorry for your loss but congratulations on pregnancy!

Devious103102
by on Oct. 24, 2013 at 1:55 AM

Sorry to hear about your loss. I wish I would've told DH in some special way but I've just either texted him or left a test for him to see. Good luck and sticky dust =0)

Supervane
by Bronze Member on Oct. 24, 2013 at 1:56 AM
Just say hey Im pregnant... Surprise!
nestyn
by on Oct. 24, 2013 at 11:33 AM

Just tell him, Im pregnant too after a miscarriage and my husband was really happy when I told him.  It's really nerve raking this time around since every little thing worries me a lot but having his support helps a lot. Good luck!

EvrybodysFriend
by on Oct. 24, 2013 at 11:42 AM
I'm sorry for your loss :( I can understand why you are nervous about telling him. Just come out and say it though. I think he would be more upset if you keep putting it off because I imagine he would want to share this knowledge and feelings with rather than leaving to carry the worry alone. If that makes sense.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN