Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

anybody else have a uti their entire pregnancy?

Posted by on Oct. 25, 2013 at 9:43 PM
  • 6 Replies
and have to be on macrobid the whole time? I am worried about preterm labor because of this uti that will not go away.
by on Oct. 25, 2013 at 9:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Pandapanda
by Cafe Panda on Oct. 25, 2013 at 11:44 PM
If it's resistant to macrobid, I'd ask for a different antibiotic. I assume you do cranberry juice, no sodas, etc while trying to fight this? Have you tried cranberry capsules?
Mep291
by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 12:29 AM

I was on antibiotics for 15 weeks. I had constant urinary/kidney infections while I was pregnant. It was terrible.

sheli.bean
by Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 1:06 AM
Yep, I did. The whole pregnancy with my oldest. It was horrible, I totally sympathise! He's 14 months old and I still seem to have a sensitive urinary tract. I never had problems before I got pregnant with him. I hope it clears up for you :(
SoInLove515
by Bronze Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 6:21 AM
it's so weird! I never got a uti my last pregnancy.

Quoting sheli.bean:

Yep, I did. The whole pregnancy with my oldest. It was horrible, I totally sympathise! He's 14 months old and I still seem to have a sensitive urinary tract. I never had problems before I got pregnant with him. I hope it clears up for you :(

SoInLove515
by Bronze Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 6:23 AM
the doctor said right now their goal is to superseded the infection and just keep me on macrobid. I am allergic to penicillin, and keflex...maybe that's why they haven't given me another antibiotic..I don't know.

Quoting Pandapanda:

If it's resistant to macrobid, I'd ask for a different antibiotic. I assume you do cranberry juice, no sodas, etc while trying to fight this? Have you tried cranberry capsules?

SoInLove515
by Bronze Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 6:23 AM
supress **

Quoting Pandapanda:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN