Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

due date vs. weeks

Posted by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 3:17 AM
  • 11 Replies

so when i had my ultrasound done i was told i was 6 weeks...when i talked to the doc they said my due date was 6-14-14. wel when i put due date in tickers or check on how baby/mommy things are it puts me at a different week. I have to put my due date about 2 or so days ahead.. 
did anyone else have this problem? 

ticker

Ryan and Zander 7-1-07 *twins*

by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 3:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Pandapanda
by Amber on Oct. 26, 2013 at 7:47 AM
It's fine if your due date and ultrasound measurements are off by up to 2 weeks.
jbmom2009
by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 9:00 AM
1 mom liked this

Most babies never come on there EDD anyways. It's true.

KylersMom8-16-7
by Gold Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 10:19 AM
It's an ESTIMATED due date so it's not really an issue if it's off by a couple days.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MooreMom523
by Bronze Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 10:51 AM
I always thought of due date as a best possible guess.. babies come when they want!
cailliermommy
by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 11:02 AM
Mine never came on their edd. I call it a guess date now. My first I went almost 43wks. 42wks with my second. 41wks with my third.
Mittenmommie
by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 11:28 AM
My edd doesn't match up with ANYTHING. And I figured out that most of tickers/apps will put you in the week ahead of what you are.
For example I am 30 weeks and 1 day, my apps all show my in week 31 because I'm more than 30 weeks with the 1 day.

My doc tried telling me I didn't get pregnant until middle of April, like the 15th, but I got a bfp on the 20th of April.

It's all a guessing game.
wolfybaby
by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 1:18 PM

bah, its all relative. your baby is gonna come when s/he damn well pleases. no "due date" or tracking down the day you ovulated and charting out the 40 weeks that way is going to make him/her listen.

youre due in mid-june. ;]

wolfybaby
by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 1:21 PM

i know for a fact the exact day i ovulated. it was a week later than most women do [14 days from the start of period]. so my ob has my due date at january 15th but going by the actual facts, its january 22nd. 

what irks me is that she and the ultrasound tech have even said that baby is "a week behind" in growth. hmmm, well maybe that has something to do with the fact that i am a week behind what you are saying! lol! 

im not bugged, i am not the type of person to agree to get induced at "week 41" anyways.

Quoting Mittenmommie:

My edd doesn't match up with ANYTHING. And I figured out that most of tickers/apps will put you in the week ahead of what you are.
For example I am 30 weeks and 1 day, my apps all show my in week 31 because I'm more than 30 weeks with the 1 day.

My doc tried telling me I didn't get pregnant until middle of April, like the 15th, but I got a bfp on the 20th of April.

It's all a guessing game.

princess_peach
by Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 1:33 PM

It's true that ultrasounds can be up to 2 weeks off. They are actually a horrible way to estimate dates.

It also semantics though. Different places word it different, but it really means the same thing. For example, when you are 30 wks 1 day, you are IN your 31st week. Just like babies. When they are a couple months old, they are IN their first year even though they aren't a year old. Does that make sense?

Clemency3
by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 1:57 PM

I would talk to your doctor. Based on an ultrasound I was measuring ahead so my doc changed my due date to how far I am measuring off of the u/s. So I was first due November 11, now am due November 1st. 

CafeMom Tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)