Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

6 weeks and spotting

Posted by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 10:21 AM
  • 6 Replies

I am 6 almost 7 weeks pregnant and this morning noticed blood in the toilet after I went to the bathroom. I called my doctor and she said as long as I am not in extreme pain and there are no changes in the amount/color of the blood I should be fine. I also called my neighbor who is a nurse and she said its common in early pregnancy and not to worry. I am still spotting a little but no changes from this morning. Has anyone else experienced this? I can't help but worry. 

by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 10:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
JessiFaye
by Silver Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 10:48 AM

Yes, that can be completely normal. Like your doctor said, just be on the lookout for painful cramping accompanying the blood. 

CafeMom Tickers
MooreMom523
by Bronze Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 10:49 AM
I did experience that at exactly six weeks with my last pregnancy. It did not end up well for me BUT there can be a lot of reasons for bleeding/spotting early in pregnancy. Rest as much as you can today and drink water. Keep tabs on the bleeding and of it gets heavier call your doctor.
Luvmy2babies22
by Gold Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 11:30 AM
I bled with my 2nd and she was fine. However, my blood type is O- so I have to get my Rhogam shot whenever I have spotting. If your blood type is negative or you don't know, you need to find out and get your Rhogam shot as soon as possible IF you are negative. If you are positive, just rest as much as you can. GL
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommy2Brooke
by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 11:48 AM

Thank you for your input. It's so hard not to worry. I never bled with my first so it makes me think something may be wrong. I will take it easy today and see what happens 

Devious103102
by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 12:08 PM

Try to take a deep breath and think positive. Can the doc get you in for a u/s anytime soon, just to be sure? Good thoughts for a sticky baby!

DmanMama
by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 12:28 PM

i had this just a few  days ago and i went in to the emerg( in canada its free) and got checked out.. my cervix was closed ultrasound showed a healthy baby.. i had both bleeding and cramping trust your instincts u know your body best...  i  have a history of difficult pregnancy so i was concerned....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)