Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

37 weeks 2 days-low amniotic fluid levels! Agh!

Posted by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 11:18 AM
  • 16 Replies
Went in yesterday for my weekly non-stress test and AFI. The ultrasound tech was a little apprehensive because my amniotic fluid levels were a little low. They want me to see my OBGYN Monday.

Anyone else had this problem? How do they resolve it or do they just induce? I'm due in 18 days.
by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 11:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
NanaMomo
by Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 11:20 AM
Didn't have that problem :( good luck mama, I hope everything is okay!

Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RiotPixie
by Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 11:23 AM
Bump
krusesbaby
by Silver Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 11:28 AM
With my first I went in at 36 weeks at 5am thinking I was leaking water. they said I wasn't and sent me home. I had a 36wk apt later that day. I had been leaking and there was almost no amniotic fluid left. they gave me 24 hrs to go on my own then induced me. Low fluid levels aren't good.
RiotPixie
by Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 11:31 AM
Oh crap. Lol. Thanks for the reply. I've been thinking that maybe I was leaking a little, but couldn't tell if it was fluid or discharge. I guess baby girl well be coming sooner than expected. Lol

Quoting krusesbaby:

With my first I went in at 36 weeks at 5am thinking I was leaking water. they said I wasn't and sent me home. I had a 36wk apt later that day. I had been leaking and there was almost no amniotic fluid left. they gave me 24 hrs to go on my own then induced me. Low fluid levels aren't good.

krusesbaby
by Silver Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 11:34 AM
OB will do a swab test to see if its fluid. or you can put on a pad and see if a lot of water is actually leaking or its just when you pee. Then OB will measure fluid and tell you where to go from there.
Quoting RiotPixie:

Oh crap. Lol. Thanks for the reply. I've been thinking that maybe I was leaking a little, but couldn't tell if it was fluid or discharge. I guess baby girl well be coming sooner than expected. Lol

Quoting krusesbaby:

CafeMom Tickers
Devious103102
by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 12:03 PM

Try really increasing your fluid intake and see if that helps. 

kram0410
by Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 12:40 PM

Please help my friend I really care about her!!

mileysmom331
by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 12:42 PM

if they do a nitrazene (sp?) test and the cotton swab comes out blue, do not panic! i went in tuesday at 38 weeks thinking i was leaking fluid, the swab came back blue, but i wasnt dilated and my cervix wasnt soft, they started pitocin (which didnt work since my cervix wasnt soft) demand them do a accusure test, they swab u and send it to the lab to check for a certain DNA in ur amniotic fluid and mine came back negative,....how low is ur fluid?

RiotPixie
by Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 6:09 PM
The ultrasound tech said baby is the right size for her gestation age. My levels are about 5.3. They said the levels should be much higher for sometime as far along as I am. Though when they checked last Tuesday, levels were normal.

Quoting mileysmom331:

if they do a nitrazene (sp?) test and the cotton swab comes out blue, do not panic! i went in tuesday at 38 weeks thinking i was leaking fluid, the swab came back blue, but i wasnt dilated and my cervix wasnt soft, they started pitocin (which didnt work since my cervix wasnt soft) demand them do a accusure test, they swab u and send it to the lab to check for a certain DNA in ur amniotic fluid and mine came back negative,....how low is ur fluid?

ladyambition
by on Oct. 27, 2013 at 2:58 AM

Quoting Devious103102:

Try really increasing your fluid intake and see if that helps. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN