Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

TMI Postpartum question ladies???

Posted by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 1:09 PM
  • 16 Replies

EXTREMELY TMI WARNING

So since I delivered Azariah Oct 6th any time I poop it hurts. It feels like I am pooping glass to started with and then I am fine. But when I wipe there is blood. At first I thought maybe my body is adjusting and my poop is just too firm. But then I remembered in the hospital with my first they used to check for hemorrhoids and they said that some women get them from pushing. I never had them with the last 3, but they weren't 10 lbs 2 oz either. So now I am wondering if that is what this is. Has anyone else had hemorrhoids after delivery? Does what I describe sound like them? And is there anything I can do to make them go away? Or do they go away on their own?

by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 1:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Bethbeth
by Silver Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 1:24 PM

I had bad hemorroids after both my prenancies. I used tucks medicated pads (with witch hazel) and Preperation H.

Pandapanda
by Cafe Panda on Oct. 26, 2013 at 1:27 PM
I've always felt like that afterwards. It's like as your intestines go back into place, they forget how to function and things hurt later on when trying to go #2.
NoraDun
by Platinum Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 1:27 PM

Alright thanks hun!

Quoting Bethbeth:

I had bad hemorroids after both my prenancies. I used tucks medicated pads (with witch hazel) and Preperation H.

NoraDun
by Platinum Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 1:28 PM

Well and I was pretty sure I remembered feeling that way after my daughter too (couldn't remember after the first two) but I figured I would ask what yall thought :)

Quoting Pandapanda:

I've always felt like that afterwards. It's like as your intestines go back into place, they forget how to function and things hurt later on when trying to go #2.

Maddie303
by New Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 1:32 PM

It could be hemorrhoids, check with ur doctor. They look like small lumps on ur anus. I had them even before the delivery, and it got worse after it. So, I asked my OB to give me a stool softener, it's a tablet. It helps u pass softer stools, and gives time for u to heal. If it is hemorrhoids, it generally gets alright with time. Drink lots of fluids and eat fibrous foods. If u are having a hard time sitting, then u can get the donut pillow.  I think I got mine at cvs. And I used tuck pads with witch hazel. 

lauren.m
by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 1:33 PM
1 mom liked this
I use tucks pads and stool softener for a month or 2 after giving birth because of that.
nestingdolly
by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 1:34 PM

It could be postpartum piles. But I'd bet you have anal fissures if your rectum distended outward a good way during labour. These, like the piles, will calm down eventually leaving you with only the occasional bout of discomfort (at worse). Happily, neither are dangerous. Just plain annoying. Good luck. 

And CONGRATULATIONS on the arrival of Azariah!

Clemency3
by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 1:54 PM

Did the hospital give you a sids bath and some tucs to go home with? Sounds like hemorrhoids. Is there blood that comes when you wipe at all? if so then that is what it is. I recommend getting a sids bath if you don't have one (a little butt bath that fits into your toilet) and then look at other over the counter stuff. Kegels also should help too. They helped a month ago when I had hemorrhoids. 

Devious103102
by Ruby Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 2:12 PM

Sounds like hemmies to me. Prep-h makes a cooling relief gel that works amazingly quick!

NoraDun
by Platinum Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 4:03 PM

I had a homebirth! But yes I have a sitz bath, I am gonna try it and see  if it helps! Thanks

Quoting Clemency3:

Did the hospital give you a sids bath and some tucs to go home with? Sounds like hemorrhoids. Is there blood that comes when you wipe at all? if so then that is what it is. I recommend getting a sids bath if you don't have one (a little butt bath that fits into your toilet) and then look at other over the counter stuff. Kegels also should help too. They helped a month ago when I had hemorrhoids. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN