Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Are facial piercings safe??

Posted by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 3:38 PM
  • 6 Replies
3 yrs ago I had my lip pierced. I am thinking of getting it re pierced is it okay to get a facial piercing? I am also 17wks pregnant. Any suggestions on this?
by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 3:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
lilmama8408
by Silver Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 3:39 PM
No its not good to get any piercing or tattoo while pregnant. And if they know your pregnant any good place will turn you away
valrubio
by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 3:40 PM

Where I live they won't give you a tattoo or piercing if your pregnant.

mommy2be636
by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 3:43 PM
I have another question as well. I dyed my hair red before I knew I was pregnant the red hair didn't last long maybe because I was already pregnant and didn't know and it was the hormones but since I'm 4 months now I had asked several hair stylist and they had said to wait till I'm 4 months pregnant. So is hair dying safe too?
MalloryR
by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 3:48 PM
I am a professional body piercer. It is illegal in my district to pierce pregnant women. The main reason is really because your body is doing so much, risking infection is not ideal and you can induce early labor, but that honestly isn't likely. I have pierced women who lied on their paperwork about their pregnancy and they ended up fine, but it still isn't recommended.
lauren.m
by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 3:49 PM
Its not a good idea to get tattoos or piercings while pregnant and good places will ask if you are and tell you to come back after you have baby. Hair dye is fine a lot of women dye their hair while pregnant
mommy2be636
by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 3:53 PM
Thanks ladies!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)