Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Bicornuate uterus

Posted by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 6:51 PM
  • 3 Replies
My 16-yr old dd has a hip injury from sports and had an MRI. we saw the dr yesterday and he told us that (aside from the injury issue) she has a bicornuate uterus and ovarian cysts. I don't know the severity of the deformity yet. How difficult will it be to have children and/or conceive? Does anyone on here have this problem?
She also has severe cramps with her period every month. I'm making an appointment with an ob on Monday.

Anyone have any advice on what she will be facing in the future?
by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 6:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
meam4444
by Emerald Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 7:14 PM

bump

Luvmy2babies22
by Gold Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 7:36 PM

I don't know anything specific about the condition.  However, I have a friend who has it and she found out when she was pregnant with her first.  She had a perfectly healthy pregnancy except they warned her that she may deliver prematurely because the baby will run out of room earlier.  She carried to 36w!  For her 2nd pregnancy, she carried that baby in the same side as the first and had another perfectly healthy pregnancy.  I can't remember how far along she was when she delivered #2 though (not any earlier than 36w, for sure).

I wouldn't let that diagnosis alone worry you too much now.  I'm not familiar with cysts though.  I'll keep her in my thoughts but know that women do have perfectly healthy pgs and babies even with the bicornuate uterus.

Mommy_Natural
by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 8:34 PM
I have a bicornuate uterus and I'm pregnant with my third. It is super easy for me to get pregnant, I've actually never actively tried to get pregnant yet here I am lol.

All of my babies have been healthy and full term, the only complication I do have from my uterus is my babies are always breech because they get stuck in one side of my uterus, so I have to have csections. Other than that my weird uterus hasn't given me any trouble. Your daughter will be fine. :)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)