Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Raspberry tea

Posted by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 7:17 PM
  • 17 Replies

Mobile Photo

I've heard that drinking raspberry leaf tea is supposed to help with strengthening the uterus or something. What exactly does it do and how much would I need to drink daily/weekly? Is this even the right kind? I'm 17 weeks 5 days with baby #4, and haven't heard of this until now.
by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 7:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
angelicmom1984
by Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 7:20 PM
1 mom liked this
If I remember right, you don't want to drink it while pregnant. I believe it can possibly cause contractions to start. I've heard of drinking it prior to pregnancy for that reason.
Clemency3
by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 7:32 PM

I posted this SAME question about a week ago and no this is not it. Notice how it says naturally and artifically flavored..nope not it. Almost everyone I asked said you pretty much have to order it online or at a health/wholefoods store. I just never bought it and instead have been using evening primrose oil vitamins. 

CafeMom Tickers
Clemency3
by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 7:34 PM

I did hear of this as well. However, have been told that early on in the pregnancy you can only have so much compared to the end. So I would discuss with your doctor before drinking it just to be safe. 

Quoting angelicmom1984:

If I remember right, you don't want to drink it while pregnant. I believe it can possibly cause contractions to start. I've heard of drinking it prior to pregnancy for that reason.

naj2013
by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 7:37 PM
I drank raspberry tea every day starting at 6 month pregnant, just a cup a day though. I'm not sure how much you are "suppose to" drink.
Junebaby18
by Bronze Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 7:38 PM
Quoting Clemency3:

I posted this SAME question about a week ago and no this is not it. Notice how it says naturally and artifically flavored..nope not it. Almost everyone I asked said you pretty much have to order it online or at a health/wholefoods store. I just never bought it and instead have been using evening primrose oil vitamins. 

Where do you get those at? Do you swallow those, or are those the ones you insert inside by your cervix?
Clemency3
by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 7:57 PM

I take 2 a day..one in the morning and afternoon but also insert at night...HOWEVER..you are not far along to go into labor...do not do these until you are full term. They are used to soften the cervix and nothing else. So when you hit 37 wks you can start using them. Are they helping me? I don't know...but I am not trying to induce labor with them. Again...huge warning! DO NOT USE them before you are full term...don't need anything to happen in the mean time. 

Quoting Junebaby18:

Quoting Clemency3:

Where do you get those at? Do you swallow those, or are those the ones you insert inside by your cervix?

CafeMom Tickers
szimona
by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 8:20 PM
This brand is not good! Try organic like this http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0009F3PP8 this is a pack of 6 so its like 3.50/box! Awesome!
Heather2001
by Heather on Oct. 26, 2013 at 9:15 PM

You want red raspberry LEAF tea.  Not raspberry-flavored tea.  Drink it daily to tone the uterus.

Heather2001
by Heather on Oct. 26, 2013 at 9:16 PM
1 mom liked this

This is false.  I drank it every day for my past two pregnancies.  It doesn't cause contractions or preterm labor.  It just tones the uterus.

Quoting angelicmom1984:

Heather2001
by Heather on Oct. 26, 2013 at 9:20 PM

This is pretty good - I used this during my first pregnancy.  I found this one that I used during my last pregnancy that I liked better:

http://www.mountainroseherbs.com/tea_bev/tea_bev.php

It's the Fecudi-Tea part-way down the page.

Quoting szimona:

This brand is not good! Try organic like this http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0009F3PP8 this is a pack of 6 so its like 3.50/box! Awesome!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN